PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, seems lonely here

B4D2USA
09-01-2010, 12:48 AM
I noticed today that Innovations and New Technology had absolutlely *NO* posts. I thought, being the antagonist I am, here goes! I have nothing new to add to the world of British Construction Equipment, you chaps seem to have things well in hand and seem to be getting along without my help. Keep up the good work :D I hope I am not banished for spoiling this area of the forum ;) :rolleyes:

bruce oz
09-01-2010, 03:15 AM
hello b4d2 ,lol,just like some of the local kids ,just hate to see a newly painted wall without marking it up ,

Innovations and New Technology - well most new thing that i see coming out are just old tec with a new name -everything old is new again ,

now a hover craft with a blade ,,that would be new lol,
bruce oz

Blackadder
09-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I'll make a prediction for BAUMA: one of the big manufacturers will announce that the first hybrid-drive excavator will go on sale in Europe. There are a decent number of 20-tonne hybrids working in Japan and they have just gone on-sale in America. I haven't seen any independent report on the performance of these excavators, but the potential to save a significant chunk of the fuel bill looks interesting.

Guest1
09-01-2010, 10:29 AM
dont like new machines,they just dont doo it for me,but thought i'd show my face here like you two lads.

Traxcavator.
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
It's good to be saving fuel, but it wont take long before the companies running them drop the price to get the work and we just go further and further down with rates. Not only that but the Big contractors hireing in will also expect to get the benifit with a cheaper rate.
Trax

ianoz.
09-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi B4D2ASA ,When i read your thread title i thought you where meaning the same thing that i find some of the time .Because of the time difference ,you and i are the only ones on the forum as our english friends are tucked up in bed But it was only about three and a half hours ago when i was last on the forum and this area did not exist . So good on you for taking its virginity a kicking it off . Ian .

Blackadder
09-01-2010, 11:34 AM
It's good to be saving fuel, but it wont take long before the companies running them drop the price to get the work and we just go further and further down with rates. Not only that but the Big contractors hireing in will also expect to get the benifit with a cheaper rate.
Trax

... the other side of the price equation being is that these hybrid excavators are likley to be very expensive bits of kit.

ianoz.
09-01-2010, 12:18 PM
YES Blackadder , but the greenies will make everyone feel guilty for poisoning the world.And we will get told how this new technology,All though expensive , will save the planet . Then the greenies ,job done will jump in their busted arse V-DUB ,and drive home with smoke and fumes comming out the back of it smug that they have done their bit to save the world .ian .

Rossco
09-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Give me a while and I will get some 24M grader posted up .. Maybe some 994F Joystick fun.

I was gonna post some stuff yesterday but I didnt want the usual "Nintendo Generation, Remove the Skill from the Job" Comments from the More erm ...

Mature Folk who grace the boards :p

Traxcavator.
09-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Ha Ha Ha......Rossco does under 50 count as immature ?
I'm all for new technology. Remember when cat bought out that half steering wheel affair.........we took one out of a quarry and up the main road got a quarter mile then had to return........try and drive one flat out in a straight line !!!! The police and a quarry owner near us found a similar machine parked in the middle of a road a couple of months ago with the engine running the police were baffled as to why it was left there, im bloody sure i know why !!!!!

Rossco
09-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Ha Ha Ha......Rossco does under 50 count as immature ?
I'm all for new technology. Remember when cat bought out that half steering wheel affair.........we took one out of a quarry and up the main road got a quarter mile then had to return........try and drive one flat out in a straight line !!!! The police and a quarry owner near us found a similar machine parked in the middle of a road a couple of months ago with the engine running the police were baffled as to why it was left there, im bloody sure i know why !!!!!

Ha Ha Ha ....

Allot of people see the new technology as a bad thing ??

Operator Cumfort, Safety ... I just see it as overtime when we cannot figure them out :p

Cat943
10-01-2010, 09:13 PM
I for one don't like the way the industry is taking machines at the mo. Everything is geared towards taking the actual opearation of the machine away from the opearator so all you need is someone to drive the machine and a computer or laser control device does all the rest. Before long the operation of machines will be a lost art consigned to books full of photos with titles like "How it used to be done".
I've never had a new machine and don't want one either, I'm happy running machines that have a few thousand hours on them and even happier if I'm running a machine from the 80' or 90' that require you to run it and not just sit in a nice warm, soundproofed cab with cameras, lights, bells and whistles. I'm sure all you guys will understand that a big part of operation is based on listening to the sound of the engine and machine in general. Something you can't really do with a new machine.
By the way I'm only 32, so still in short pants really.

mogman
11-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I for one don't like the way the industry is taking machines at the mo. Everything is geared towards taking the actual opearation of the machine away from the opearator so all you need is someone to drive the machine and a computer or laser control device does all the rest. Before long the operation of machines will be a lost art consigned to books full of photos with titles like "How it used to be done".
I've never had a new machine and don't want one either, I'm happy running machines that have a few thousand hours on them and even happier if I'm running a machine from the 80' or 90' that require you to run it and not just sit in a nice warm, soundproofed cab with cameras, lights, bells and whistles. I'm sure all you guys will understand that a big part of operation is based on listening to the sound of the engine and machine in general. Something you can't really do with a new machine.

quite right cat when your in a sound deaderning cab with fly be wire controls how the hell can you feel what the machine is doing can't beat the old uns:D:D:

Stock..
12-04-2010, 11:53 AM

bloody whipper snappers still need the likes of the lord or that fella on the wrong side of the planet ta wipe your noses ...bloody cheek .....what this world coming too.... young up starts...:mad::mad::mad::mad: burn the lot of ya, with them play ds X stations type machines, give me them noisy sweaty screeching ,black smoke and carcinogen producing old lumps of iron that will make a man of ya .....be deaf as a post by 30 crippled by 40! them the ways....none of that electric stuff ,a good ole six slapper booming away in the back ......................

Not what I would not give to have a pain free back,and ears that don't ring 24-7 ......

ianoz.
12-04-2010, 11:59 AM
bloody whipper snappers still need the likes of the lord or that fella on the wrong side of the planet ta wipe your noses ...bloody cheek .....what this world coming to young up starts...:mad::mad

Is That you stock .Are you practising to become a grumpy old man :p.Or are you suffering real food withdrawal symtoms and sore feet and chafted thighs :D.Ian

Stock..
12-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Is That you stock .Are you practising to become a grumpy old man :p.Or are you suffering real food withdrawal symtoms and sore feet and chafted thighs :D.Ian

Now listen here sonny (let me put in me teef ) Who you call a grumpy old man ?still trying to work 7 day a week and burning the candle at both ends...course the lack of a good fry,and the ire red chafed areas don't do a lot to aid a man being jovial and happy for every waking hour you know ......OOOOOOOOOO! the pain.. geezus I never realised ire could give that much discomfort .

Feckin sun is shining all week end lovely B-BQ weather, no point can't have beer, can't have steak, feckit the older I get the more can't I collect and I thought it was bad when I was a nipper......

ianoz.
12-04-2010, 12:25 PM
Now listen here sonny (let me put in me teef ) Who you call a grumpy old man ?still trying to work 7 day a week and burning the candle at both ends...course the lack of a good fry,and the ire red chafed areas don't do a lot to aid a man being jovial and happy for every waking hour you know ......OOOOOOOOOO! the pain.. geezus I never realised ire could give that much discomfort .

Feckin sun is shining all week end lovely B-BQ weather, no point can't have beer, can't have steak, feckit the older I get the more can't I collect and I thought it was bad when I was a nipper......

I Will go and get the violin . Seriously stock ,hows the diet and excise program going ? Working ???. Don't know if they have herbalife diet programs over there .I lost 2 1/2 stone in three months on it .Hand full on pills and a protien shake replacing two meals a day .:eek: A Bugger ,but it worked .Ian.

diggerhayne
12-04-2010, 12:41 PM
I Will go and get the violin . Seriously stock ,hows the diet and excise program going ? Working ???. Don't know if they have herbalife diet programs over there .I lost 2 1/2 stone in three months on it .Hand full on pills and a protien shake replacing two meals a day A Bugger ,but it worked .Ian.
bubs a lost cause:D:D:D:D

ianoz.
12-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Looks Like he shot though. AAAHah ,Nearly lunch time in your neck of the woods ,He has gone to get his lettuce and celery ,to gorge himself on ..If it makes you feel better stock , I didn't have lunch today ,in support of you .;) .Ian .

Stock..
12-04-2010, 03:07 PM
The only bit of protein I got was the slug on the under side of a cabbage leaf....now I have to cut out the cheese, salt, coffee, the egg, if this keeps up life won't be worth living, even to burn yumbos and international drotts..... starting to droop while typing this ...lads I'm fecked...........

ianoz.
12-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Luv to keep chatting stock ,But after midnight here yet again ,{Yeah ,no stamina :(} Bedtime .Ian .