PDA

View Full Version : Stump Cutter n/a the UK

Mintsauce
17-03-2012, 10:54 PM
Hi found a really useful looking stump shear for varying sizes of digger. Dont think you can buy these in the UK though.

Please bar with me as I'm not good at links etc.

www.wurotec.de/

They would be way cheaper than an ex mounted stump grinder and look to be almost as effective. Who knows, one of these might keep you on site a bit longer:)

Any comments or feel free to give us a kicking if that link has just confused you. M:)

Taurus66
17-03-2012, 11:17 PM
The ROOT of WUROTEC RAT is comparable in performance to any other clearance procedures. Worldwide it is one of the most effective tools of the root slash / slash Stubbe, requires little space, is easy to use and virtually maintenance free. By every detail thought through L-shaped hook, the Roden / rat of complete rhizomes / root stumps now available in a single pass - simply, professionally and economically. Already after 5 to 10 complete clearing assure the investment in the revolutionary clearing tool.
Rats also release the RAT ROOT , you will be amazed.

Taurus66
17-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Looks like it works pretty well, however , is that not working on stumps that are rotten/diseased, making them softer?

Mintsauce
17-03-2012, 11:22 PM
That one may be but I also found a similar product on youtube where the stump was fresh cut.

Got to look up Rat Root now:)

Mintsauce
17-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Just sussed out the website talkes about clearing beech woodland and I think beech wood is a good hardwood.

Local Diggers
18-03-2012, 06:59 AM
Heres a clip

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_CxliNc9Yo

Local Diggers
18-03-2012, 07:06 AM
Probably easier to dig it out... :confused:

Mintsauce
18-03-2012, 08:12 AM
The issue with digging up stumps is the disposal of them. Put it in a skip if there is one on site, but only if your digger is man enough to lift said stump. Also muck away firms wont usually accept them to go with the muck. So that leaves re-burying or burning.

With a grinder or one of these cutters youre left with chip or shavings, so no disposal problem once mixed in with the soil.

Any other ideas for getting rid or recycling of stumps? :)

Fencemonkey
18-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Now that to me is a great piece of kit if you have a 3 ton or larger "Bagger" as they say in germany, but what about us rather less well endowed guys ? Sizeism:mad:

Mintsauce
18-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Havn't found the bit yet where it states your Bagger (:D) has to be 3t or over.

As it seems they are not available in the K, one may be tempted to build ones own using the remains of an old bucket, suitable cutting metal and a good man with his welder.

M:)

Fencemonkey
18-03-2012, 11:43 AM
ICH BIN MICRO BAGGER :)

Would a micro carry enough weight and power to rip like that Minty ?

As it seems they are not available in the K, one may be tempted to build ones own using the remains of an old bucket, suitable cutting metal and a good man with his welder.

cps140
18-03-2012, 01:15 PM

Send me some details, machine make and size etc and il draw up a stetch and see what you think!

Aiden

Mintsauce
18-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Hi FM Im probably not the best qualified to answer that but if CPS wants to have a bash I would be interested. Perhaps with a micro bagger you might find you are limited to smaller stumps etc but im of the opinion if you cant get a 3 tonner on site it would beat a grubber and axe no contest.:)

Fencemonkey
18-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Send me some details, machine make and size etc and il draw up a stetch and see what you think!

Aiden

Hi Aiden, the machine is a Takeuchi 108 mate, much appreiciated.

Fencemonkey
18-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi FM Im probably not the best qualified to answer that but if CPS wants to have a bash I would be interested. Perhaps with a micro bagger you might find you are limited to smaller stumps etc but im of the opinion if you cant get a 3 tonner on site it would beat a grubber and axe no contest.:)

That would be cheating, I love digging them out by hand, Honest mate:rolleyes:

Could be a nice little sideline opportunity if it works as well as I hope.

JD450A
18-03-2012, 07:25 PM
On a Tangent CPS do you have any suitable buckets for a Takeuchi TB015? Need something ruined with alright Pin bosses to make a Rake bucket with

Taurus66
18-03-2012, 07:58 PM
I think the trick will be to have the blade as sharp as possible the whole time.. or you would be fighting a losing battle...

Fencemonkey
18-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Guess its down to the type of steel thats used ?

I think the trick will be to have the blade as sharp as possible the whole time.. or you would be fighting a losing battle...

Taurus66
18-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Could help a lot too... Oh well if anyone can come up with a cracking shot at it.. CPS should be able to..

glinton
23-03-2012, 07:19 AM
We supplied a Forestry Cutter on a Bobcat track loader to the Crown Estates which is a beast of a bit of kit ! I think I may have some pictures or a video link somewhere, I will try to find and post.

glinton
23-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Pictures of the Forestry cutter sold to Crown Estates.

If you look at you tube, and enter Bobcat with Forestry cutter, there is a load of various clips, a real beast of a tool ! :D

Casedriver
23-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Pictures of the Forestry cutter sold to Crown Estates.

If you look at you tube, and enter Bobcat with Forestry cutter, there is a load of various clips, a real beast of a tool ! :D

That is a fine looking machine what size of skid is it on?

cps140
24-03-2012, 08:36 PM
Mint, fencemonkey, more info coming soon! proto type started;)

glinton
25-03-2012, 08:18 AM
It is a Bobcat T770.

AtlasRob
25-03-2012, 05:31 PM
It is a Bobcat T770.

And it runs on pallets :D real eco friendly, I'm sure you can see it smile in that last picture. :cool:

Fencemonkey
30-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Excellent mate.

Mint, fencemonkey, more info coming soon! proto type started;)

Local Diggers
30-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Im interested too. Got an ideal job lined up