PDA

View Full Version : Plant show in america.

Guest1
17-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Not my sort of thing, but my mate went to this show in america and he gave me a load of these,dont know where in america or any thing else about it but thought some members would like:)

BulldozerD11
17-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Interesting contraption Lord Sean they have some strange machinery over the water

Thanks for posting :):

Stock..
18-02-2010, 03:27 AM
Bee jeasus Sean where is the painting donkey-drawn scraper? ya remember the one we loaned ye when we finished Newgrange twas for, for that job in Sailsbury plain with all them rocks dammit if i can remember the project namehttp://www.oldukphotos.com/graphics/England%20Photos/Wiltshire,%20Salisbury%20Plain,%20Stonehenge.jpg

Guest1
18-02-2010, 06:12 PM
Nothing a pecker wont sort out there stock, my old chum:):D

ianoz.
22-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Hi Sean , By the look of the first couple of photos an international TD24 ? towing an elervating grader..The next one is a cat DW something and dump wagon . .Ian .

Guest1
22-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Yes a td 24,realy noisey brutes too,quite a bit smaller than a d8 in size.Andrew B had the two side by side at his last doo the other week.

ianoz.
22-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Hi Sean , Do you look at the redpower forum ? Its ALL international , But being american based ,theres not much in the way of british built gear talked about . Very slow to get membership activated ,But plenty of info and photos .Ian .

Guest1
23-03-2010, 08:47 AM
No Ian i dont,i only look here.Regarding red power site theres nothing they could offer me as i all ready know it all about IH stuff im intrested in,i have pics and documents that would make their eyes water:Di only have time for this site i'm affraid:)

Stock..
23-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Hi Sean , Do you look at the redpower forum ? Its ALL international , But being american based ,theres not much in the way of british built gear talked about . Very slow to get membership activated ,But plenty of info and photos .Ian .

Would they let me on there??? might even bring the matches...

ianoz.
23-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Stock they would love you there :eek::D.Ian .

Stock..
23-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Do we have a link? so as I can have a look...

ianoz.
23-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Google is your friend you know stock .Redpower forum .. Put a link up indeed , i am flat out finding the right keys on the computer to type .Ian .

Stock..
23-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Ian did your clock change last weekend?

ianoz.
23-03-2010, 01:16 PM
What clock would that be stock ???.UMMMM its after 11 PM here And 1 PM there ,Do you ever find time to actually work :p:D. Or when sitting at your computer ,you look like your busy .Ian .

B4D2USA
25-03-2010, 02:14 AM
http://www.redpowermagazine.com/forums/index.php

Stock..
25-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Red Power MagazineForum RulesHelpSearchMembersCalendar
This menu has been disabled
Red Power Magazine Community

Board Offline
We're moving this forum to a new server. Red Power Magazine Community forum will be back up and running ASAP. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Thanks for your patience!

Webmaster
Red Power Magazine
Your account username

Your account password

They won't let me in, who told them I was coming

Guest1
25-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Unless forums can acomadate a realy rude and abrupt British lord,i will just spend my foruming time here:D

Stock..
25-03-2010, 08:45 AM
Well in that case misery always gets companionship so I'll stay...here

B4D2USA
25-03-2010, 02:48 PM
Sorry 'bout dat gents. When I snagged the link, it was up and running. Bad timing I guess. Maybe tomorrow. :mad:

IHIAMS
02-05-2010, 04:27 PM
Would they let me on there??? might even bring the matches...
================================================== ======
we would love to have more Brits on Redpower, providing you bring along the MrBean and Simon Cowelll humour and look like Amanda:)
we already have one of your ******s with a y over here...........

IHIAMS
02-05-2010, 04:36 PM
No Ian i dont,i only look here.Regarding red power site theres nothing they could offer me as i all ready know it all about IH stuff im intrested in,i have pics and documents that would make their eyes water:Di only have time for this site i'm affraid:)
================================================== =======
have any stuff in your collection by Northern Machine Works called Smith Blades before IHC bought them out and called it IH..........
have any literature on snowplows for IH dozers that have a v-plow and wing on each side and powered by a hyd pump from the back pto.......
its a bit dry here in Canada so could use some moisture.......... you can post here please to encourage us to come over to your shows...... Classic Plant magazine is doing a good job and now I see that all those DINKY TOYS I had as a kid actually existed in real life...........
Im looking for manuals on IHC I-14 as I have one powering a 1939 CHAMPION GRADER and would like to get working on it. tks

Stock..
02-05-2010, 05:00 PM
we would love to have more Brits on Redpower, providing you bring along the MrBean and Simon Cowelll humour and look like Amanda:)
we already have one of your ******s with a y over here...........
:mad::mad::mad:
Boyoo! I am from the PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CORK ,and we are not titled to the quear fellows over there on the other side of the lake;What you did to this gentleman was akin to him calling you an American or vice versa !.......now they didnt let me on the red power site as posted previously something to do with my tendency to lean towards pyromania with some of IH products..... now that has been cleared up do you know of any yumbos or drotts that my have obtained parts from that part of America????...

d4c24a
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
welcome ihiams ,good to see you over here :D
i would not mention a certain ****** w on here as he is not welcome here
cheers graham

Traxcavator.
02-05-2010, 06:41 PM
......Mr IAMS ? What is your name ? I have been a member on Red Power for some years. Not been there for a while though. It doesn't really cater for the British IH gear, but thats maybe because not many Brits are on the forum.

Guest1
02-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Hello IHIAMS,when i say i don't have any time to do any other forums i realy mean it, i steal time to come on here as it is:)i olny like British built IH stuff from about 1965 onwards,i hate stupid Simon Cowel and his mates too:mad:but welcome to the forum anyway,i am one of those horrible British arse hole types and you wouldn't like me anyway:p:)

Traxcavator.
02-05-2010, 07:29 PM
I can be a BritISh arse ole too and i dont like him.... :D
..........thats not true,... he's a sound geezer !!

AtlasRob
02-05-2010, 09:04 PM
All seemed to be going quite well until a martin with a Y got mentioned :D

Traxcavator.
03-05-2010, 08:08 AM
By Mr Iams, he's new so no worries. If need be he can be directed to the Archive.. No harm done.

IHIAMS
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
......Mr IAMS ? What is your name ? I have been a member on Red Power for some years. Not been there for a while though. It doesn't really cater for the British IH gear, but thats maybe because not many Brits are on the forum.

you ll have to buy the PAYLINE BOOK that came out a couple of years ago. My picture is in there with one of my machines. hint Im the only one operating a bulldozer wearing a pair of ear muffs

Guest1
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
I got the book when it first came out,i may post your pic:p

IHIAMS
03-05-2010, 02:25 PM
I got the book when it first came out,i may post your pic:p

that's fine . that would be a fall foliage maple tree in the background from Ontario , CANADA and Wales does not have them so there is no confusion as to who I Hiams . just delete my name and place of origin as we're still trying to figure that out . Started out in Normandy in maybe 15?? and not sure of the last name in Normsndy as there was 3 or 4 choices and the first pre portion got dropped when they went to Perthshire , Scotland area , and then on to Ireland to learn how to grow potatoes to make french fries and then on to CANADA on one of the boats. and I have a single malt collection

Stock..
03-05-2010, 04:57 PM
that's fine . that would be a fall foliage maple tree in the background from Ontario , CANADA and Wales does not have them so there is no confusion as to who I Hiams . just delete my name and place of origin as we're still trying to figure that out . Started out in Normandy in maybe 15?? and not sure of the last name in Normsndy as there was 3 or 4 choices and the first pre portion got dropped when they went to Perthshire , Scotland area , and then on to Ireland to learn how to grow potatoes to make french fries and then on to CANADA on one of the boats. and I have a single malt collection

Hey Boy what part of the emerald isle?? was it the PRC by any chance??

IHIAMS
03-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Hey Boy what part of the emerald isle?? was it the PRC by any chance??

I'm not sure as it is my brother who's into the family history and a few years ago he was in Ireland to sit in the Church where my ancestors had a pew rented.

Stock..
03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm not sure as it is my brother who's into the family history and a few years ago he was in Ireland to sit in the Church where my ancestors had a pew rented.

Well ya might get on the blower and ask him...we didn't get the name of fighting Irish for nuttin hate to be conversing with a feuding paddy from de rong county ya know:p:eek:

IHIAMS
03-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Well ya might get on the blower and ask him...we didn't get the name of fighting Irish for nuttin hate to be conversing with a feuding paddy from de rong county ya know:p:eek:
think I'll pass .......... of all the names in the COMMONWEALTH I name drop and I choose a Martin with a Y thinking all the Martins over there are spelled that way..... and that's the guy you guys want to lynch...... got caught up on the politics by reading the post on the magazine issue with all the special phone numbers in it. I also see him in Classic Plant as it comes across the Atlantic with a bunch of other truck and tractor mags.......

Guest1
03-05-2010, 08:58 PM
HI IHIAMS,yes mr williams tryed to make a mockery of the forum in its early stages,and we have had others posting crap here too so thats why we may seem a bit blunt:eek:every one tends to have a go at this forum for it nasty attitude but its a straight down the line no bullshit place:)I care deeply about this forum and its regulars:).

AtlasRob
03-05-2010, 09:34 PM
think I'll pass .......... of all the names in the COMMONWEALTH I name drop and I choose a Martin with a Y thinking all the Martins over there are spelled that way.......

:D seems you've got the right sense of humour for here anyway, shows you must be originally from this side of the pond......................somewhere ;)

Alan627b
04-05-2010, 12:35 AM
The show was the HCEA (Historical Construction Equipment Association) show in Seward, Nebraska, back in 2003, if memory serves.
http://www.hcea.net/
It was fantastic. The first 2 pics are a TD24 towing Jeff Moyle's Caterpillar elevating grader, I saw it in action yesterday, as a matter of fact.
Our brach of the cat club had it's meeting at Jeff's place yesterday, there is enough vintage iron at Jeff's to drive anyone nuts.
I don't know who owns the early DW10 with the W10 dump wagon, but I'm sure you guys would recognize a D8 with a LeTourneau pan behind it.
I'll post some pics of the grader later, and some more of this show if I can find them.
Alan

By the way, Sean, you'd fit right in over at Redpower, trust me.

IH, I Am get it?
Link to pics of yesterdays finds....including a lot of pipeline dozers and sidebooms. http://s786.photobucket.com/home/alan627b/recentuploads?page=1

Guest1
04-05-2010, 07:03 PM
What like,Henry the eighth i am i am,Henry the eigth i am?you mean like that:)

Stock..
04-05-2010, 07:41 PM

think I'll pass .......... .......
Be jeasus!! lad don't mind them, I was only funning about feuding with ya,tis nice to converse with the Orish diaspora in the north America.Like IH's do you ?any drotts or yumbos for my precious??

Traxcavator.
04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I have many IH books but i need the roar of dust and diesel and now the payline book. IHIAMS i worked on many payline products still miss the old girls. It was a travesty, the demise of IHCC. Cheers Trax.

ianoz.
05-05-2010, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE=Alan627b;12343]The show was the HCEA (Historical Construction Equipment Association) show in Seward, Nebraska, back in 2003, if memory serves.
http://www.hcea.net/
It was fantastic. The first 2 pics are a TD24 towing Jeff Moyle's Caterpillar elevating grader, I saw it in action yesterday, as a matter of fact.
Our brach of the cat club had it's meeting at Jeff's place yesterday, there is enough vintage iron at Jeff's to drive anyone nuts.
I don't know who owns the early DW10 with the W10 dump wagon, but I'm sure you guys would recognize a D8 with a LeTourneau pan behind it.
I'll post some pics of the grader later, and some more of this show if I can find them.
Alan

By the way, Sean, you'd fit right in over at Redpower, trust me.

Hi Alan , Great photos :). What is the machine in the first three photos ..I take it that it is some sort of tug for towing stuff ,Is it homemade ? Ian .

IHIAMS
06-05-2010, 03:07 AM
I have many IH books but i need the roar of dust and diesel and now the payline book. IHIAMS i worked on many payline products still miss the old girls. It was a travesty, the demise of IHCC. Cheers Trax.

I have some pictures of the Arizona training grounds for IH some dozers and rock trucks in the pictures I believe. I always wonder how many of the Engineers who designed the B series and then the C and the 20E with its modular design , got fed up with IHC and went over to CAT as the cats finally caught on with planetary drives, one lever steering , modular design etc and I think it had something to do with IH expertise and intelligence or they just bought a 20E and tore it apart to look inside and copy. did not know there was an IH plant in Britain until was reading Classic Plant . also some neat stories about the tEREX PLANT and how many years its been on the same spot.

Traxcavator.
06-05-2010, 09:55 PM
Ihiams, The Komatsu D65-12 has pivot track frames, planetary steering and a big planetary final drive each side....TD 15C to a T. In the late seventies i remember taking a transmission out of a Hough 65C payloader......it had the speed and direction control valve mounted on the outside. This had a serial number plate on it saying made by...... KOMATSU HYDRAULICS

Alan627b
07-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Hello IHIAM, that is an aircraft tug, 4 wheel steer and 4 wheel drive. Federal Trucks manufactured it...there is a guy who goes by the handle of D9 on the ACME forum who has one just like it, he lives in one of the Dakotas if memory serves.
I read somewhere they used 2 Chevy/GMC pickup cabs placed back to back.
Quite the beast. This one was used on the airbase in Fairmont, which is where Jeff lives. ideal place for a machinery nut, lots of concrete to park things on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairmont_State_Airfield
Lookee what I found!
Federal aircraft tug... http://www.pimaair.org/collection-detail.php?cid=348&pn=1
"1950s F-55-AF aircraft tug. Federal and Coleman (CF-55-AF) built for USAF contract. Two GMC 950 Series cabs siamesed together." So I was almost right...

Here's one for you British guys... http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?16686-sentinal-aircraft-tug&p=184992

ianoz.
07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Thanks alan , I asked by the way .. I got the tug part right ,but thought it was too big to be aircraft one . Ian.

Alan627b
09-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Just what you need to drag a B52 around......