PDA

View Full Version : Dig bits digger mounted hedge cutters

Guest1
04-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I rang Dig bits engineering today for a price on a 1.5 ton mini digger mountable hedge cutter....yes sir 2150 pounds plus vat:eek:my big cheesey smile and the hope of a new toy soon turned my face in to that of a five year old kid with a smacked arse and sent to bed early:(:DI cry'd my eyes out and slowly walked back up the garden and fired my My petrol cutters up and climbed the ladders back to the top of the hedge.:eek:bugger...

cps140
04-09-2012, 06:31 PM
What price did you have in your head Sean?

mogman
04-09-2012, 06:49 PM
What price did you have in your head Sean?

2 and 6 :D

Paul.

Local Diggers
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
12 shirt buttons and 18 chickens

Guest1
04-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I don't know really what price I had in mind but the one I was quoted plus vat was like a big kick in the knacks,stuff is so expensive these days......I freekin hate getting a price for any thing at all in this day and age:mad:

JD450A
04-09-2012, 09:09 PM
What about a fingernail setup lordy? Would be cheaper and easier.

Guest1
04-09-2012, 09:15 PM
What about a fingernail setup lordy? Would be cheaper and easier.
Whats fingernail?thinking now I may pull the hedge out and put a fence up.

JD450A
04-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Sorry fingerbar, damn predictive text.

d4c24a
04-09-2012, 09:23 PM

yes go on ,rip it all out then burn it sunday afternoon :D

Guest1
04-09-2012, 10:04 PM
yes go on ,rip it all out then burn it sunday afternoon :D
The only day you can get away with big fires is coming....get your old carpets out november 5th will be up on us soon,most of south yorkshire will be blacked out:eek:

lamplighter2
30-09-2012, 05:49 PM
i will come and lay your hedge for you my lord. then you will be able to reach from ground and it will look nice. i am a hedglayer

Guest1
30-09-2012, 06:08 PM
i will come and lay your hedge for you my lord. then you will be able to reach from ground and it will look nice. i am a hedglayer
Thanx for the offer of laying my hedge what ever that means,I think I just get realy pissd off every time it comes to cutt it and threaten to do all sorts like pull it out and buy all sorts of crazy tools:rolleyes:

AtlasRob
30-09-2012, 06:34 PM
. i am a hedglayer

Thats a dying craft. One of the guys (postman) at the canal does it and has a few guys he is training. :cool:

lamplighter2
30-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Thanx for the offer of laying my hedge what ever that means,I think I just get realy pissd off every time it comes to cutt it and threaten to do all sorts like pull it out and buy all sorts of crazy tools:rolleyes: if its a native hedge eg hawthorn,blackthorn and not a cypres hedge. laying is cutting the main stem 2/3 through lay it down and when the whole hedge is layed on top put stakes in to keep it in place and bind the top with hazel binders. you the have a hedge 4ft 6inches high will be so thick nothing can get through and is good for wildlife. and can then be trimmed up once a year about now with just a normal petrol hedge cutter, so saving 2k on a flail.
if you want any more info please pm and will try and help chris

Bluebird
05-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I have just bought a 1m flail hedge cutter and boom that gos on the back of a small tractor,It has a pump that is driven by the pto of the tractor to power the boom cylinders and flail motor,the pump that connects to the pto is missing but the rest is all there,I intend to mount the flail on to the dipper and run its motor of the auxilary circuit on the digger which is an 8015.

strott
05-03-2013, 07:48 PM
Sounds like a nice project :cool: Keep us updated on your progress please. (pics are nice to ;))

753bobcat
05-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Sounds like a nice project :cool: Keep us updated on your progress please. (pics are nice to ;))

Hello all
I have a digga finger bar unit I put on my kubota u30
Was using it on Sunday
I think I paid about 1800+ vat for it
Got it to clear over a verge that we then put 600m run of new 50 mm water supply in
Works well
The follow does fluctuate as you track( increases when tracking in cutting speed/decrease on any other control)
You need to watch that you do not creep to far into the middle of the road by cranking round on full off set
The blades are same as a combine set up
Will cut about 40 mm max thickness
Cheers

Geoffdiggerman
06-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Hi I bought a McConnell head of a tractor mounted hedge cutter and mounted it to my EX60 It cost me 700. I tried it on my Neuson 28z3 it worked but the machine hadn't the flow to drive it fast enough. I also have a Bomford Farmtrim hedge cutter, I tried it on the 28z3, seamed to work ok but that was only in the shed an not in a hedge as I had no brackets made up for it! The Farmtrim is smaller than the McConnell!

Local Diggers
06-06-2016, 07:15 PM
im looking for one currently, hs150 model, i beleiev slanetrac make it, digbits have been quick to quote... its gone up a bit in 4 years.... today its 3150 lmao! i can buy a used digger for that price! coppards sell the same unit for less than half. digbits are loosing it

grahams
06-06-2016, 07:37 PM
im looking for one currently, hs150 model, i beleiev slanetrac make it, digbits have been quick to quote... its gone up a bit in 4 years.... today its 3150 lmao! i can buy a used digger for that price! coppards sell the same unit for less than half. digbits are loosing it

Have you tried going direct to Slanetac? I enquired about a year ago and they were very helpful. Didn't go for it in end as only had the one job for it at the time. I seem to remember it was about 1500, including head and pipes, but can't find the email.
Graham

Richard
06-06-2016, 08:23 PM
Have you tried going direct to Slanetac? I enquired about a year ago and they were very helpful. Didn't go for it in end as only had the one job for it at the time. I seem to remember it was about 1500, including head and pipes, but can't find the email.
Graham

I bought one off them, but I had to redesign their 360 knuckle swivel because the way they had it was just doubling up on the bucket cylinder action and I couldn't cut through a 5ft gap (width of the machine)

Changed it, called them in the hope they might be interested in how they could make their product more universal and was told not to mess about with it....well, guess what....too late!

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/RichardJayW1/Trimmer_zps69cz2ixw.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/RichardJayW1/media/Trimmer_zps69cz2ixw.jpg.html)

this is their version of the 360 degree knuckle

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1/RichardJayW1/trimmer%20new%20knuckle_zpsdysxfw4o.jpg (http://s16.photobucket.com/user/RichardJayW1/media/trimmer%20new%20knuckle_zpsdysxfw4o.jpg.html)

grahams
06-06-2016, 09:22 PM
How do you find it cuts ? What sort of maximum growth are you getting through?
Graham

Richard
06-06-2016, 09:50 PM
How do you find it cuts ? What sort of maximum growth are you getting through?
Graham

Graham,

Cuts pretty much whatever will fits between the fingers - blackthorns included, the knife doesn't need to be going super fast - in fact in the days of belt-driven finger-bar hedge trimmers on tractors we used to run on tickover and go in bottom gear.
So on the machine I usually have 1/2 > 3/4 engine speed and balance the forward speed.

Its fair money for what it is but real handy for doing down footpaths and other awkward places, nowadays folks have mega-sized tractors which are touching 8ft wide so this is a real benefit, the reach is pretty significant as well.

If I had to think of any downsides it would be that it leaves a line of cuttings which would normally need picking up whereas a flail will mulch it.
Its also not very easy to hook up because of the balance.......and you need to keep your fingers out the way of the blade when you alter the cutting angles

Local Diggers
06-06-2016, 11:12 PM
i think coppards quoted me at 1250+ vat, a few months back, dont like being mugged off, feel like digbits are trying to bend me over yet again