PDA

View Full Version : izettle debit and credit card payments

Local Diggers
24-04-2013, 10:18 PM
anyone else seen this? i invested in the app (free) and a card reader (free) and with my iphone i can now accept card payments on site without the aggro of merchant accounts and rental fees. ideal for me. costs 2.75% charge which im happy to swallow to get paid there and then. i have been so impressed i now bought the chip and pin reader (59quid) and its even better, can take 2000 a day in payments now. hassle free. worth a look for the owner operator who wants to be a little more flexible for your clients.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/FATboyFAT/8598d549a8302faca0e1d049443c1243.jpg

AtlasRob
25-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Nice one Dan, that will make life a whole lot easier I can imagine.

I can see it being quite handy for a few members here especially for dealing with those one off emergency call outs that some members must get. :cool:

cps140
25-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Nice one Dan, that will make life a whole lot easier I can imagine.

I can see it being quite handy for a few members here especially for dealing with those one off emergency call outs that some members must get. :cool:

Just what I was thinking Rob, dan can't you give me some more info one it! Thanks

Local Diggers
25-04-2013, 03:45 PM
here ya go aiden. they do hold the money for 7 days to make sure you aroe not a scammer but other than that its a really cheap way to take payments without the hassle of merchant account. can take payments pver the phone too

https://www.izettle.com/gb

Traxcavator.
25-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Good nifty idea, Cemex owe us many thousands i'll pop off to the operations managers office and ask for him to send me 2K a day ...... stuff the 90 day shit .... :D Think maybe i won't be well received ...:rolleyes:

Local Diggers
25-04-2013, 06:02 PM
yeah probably not ideal with the account holders, but for the one off domestic client its a good way forward

strott
25-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Liking this :cool:

mogman
25-04-2013, 07:36 PM
looks the way forward:) and a cheep way to get your money

Paul.

cholloway_he
11-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I have one of these and I can vouch that they are very good. I done think I would use it if I was selling a large item although for smaller items ideal. Or payment for services excellent.

AtlasRob
11-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Always good to get feedback on something, be it positive or negative its how we all can benefit.
Nice update :cool:

Guest1
11-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Good nifty idea, Cemex owe us many thousands i'll pop off to the operations managers office and ask for him to send me 2K a day ...... stuff the 90 day shit .... :D Think maybe i won't be well received ...:rolleyes:
90 days to get payed:confused:what a lot of bollocks.....where did this unofficial guide line originate from ?

AtlasRob
11-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Did you not see the post about the curtain wall contractor who black listed Balfour Beatty due to their payment terms. Believe he was looking at 120days.
I've been very lucky last 4 yrs at at Toddington as job is so big accounts are on site and good as gold. 30days is spec but often a week early.
Job I've just done at Huntingdon, invoice is to head office accounts. 60days on order. We will see how many phone calls it needs. :rolleyes:

bob
11-06-2013, 07:04 PM
Did you not see the post about the curtain wall contractor who black listed Balfour Beatty due to their payment terms. Believe he was looking at 120days.

Dont seem to have done balfour much good got to close three offices and reports of 20% fall in revenue perhaps firms put they prices up when they knew they had got to act as banks and loan Balfour money
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jun/10/balfour-beatty-close-3-uk-offices

Taurus66
11-06-2013, 09:06 PM
Dan, its been a while since you had this app, how is it working , is it still good , have you had any issues with it as yet?

Local Diggers
11-06-2013, 09:49 PM
its been good col, not used it a great deal but you do want the proper chip and pin reader. people are way more comfortable with it.

Taurus66
12-06-2013, 06:09 AM
Cheers mate, been thinking about it, the chip and pip reader is now 99.00. always seem to spending money and not saving it. :mad:

komatsu
12-06-2013, 07:16 AM
90 days to get payed:confused:what a lot of bollocks.....where did this unofficial guide line originate from ?

Think Carillon are looking at 120 days,but.....if you pay a 15 fee they will let you have it at 40 days

grahams
14-06-2013, 11:40 PM
Think Carillon are looking at 120 days,but.....if you pay a 15 fee they will let you have it at 40 days

I've done a job for Carillion about a month ago. Supposed to be on 60 days, but I'll let you know.
On a better note I did a job for Army Reserve last week and have just had notification payment will be in my account within three days. They expect top service, but you don't mind with payment like that.

lynchy
16-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Dont seem to have done balfour much good got to close three offices and reports of 20% fall in revenue perhaps firms put they prices up when they knew they had got to act as banks and loan Balfour money
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2013/jun/10/balfour-beatty-close-3-uk-offices

yeah saw a note,some of the top blokes 'stepping aside',problems with jobs/quality in s/west,had a link on how they were to handle 'negative press' lol:D

grahams
23-06-2013, 06:49 PM
I take it all back about Carillion holding up payment.
Checking the account today as paying some bills. Amazingly more money than I was expecting. When I looked Carillion had paid, 41 days after invoice.
Maybe they are getting the message that people want to be paid in reasonable time and will work elsewhere if the have the opportunity of better payment terms.
Graham

AtlasRob
23-06-2013, 07:36 PM
................ Carillion had paid, 41 days after invoice.
Maybe they are getting the message .................

Nice one.

Made a call last week and found QS had been on holiday so nothing signed off from site. Should have been done on Friday so will check tomorrow then call HQ on Tuesday to make sure all is in the system. Knowing full well I'm going to get told its too late for this month. :(
I just want to make sure its not this time next month when I get told there is a problem :rolleyes:

jamesm
09-07-2013, 08:16 PM
handy tool to have, when we go to do dig ups or unblock sewers at private peoples homes its a nightmare to get paid, as you know they will tell you every story in the book just to get away from not paying you, call back next week and I might have some money for you ????? if you do the work you are only entitled to what is rightfully yours :D

Local Diggers
09-07-2013, 09:30 PM
yeah, anyone expecting work done without the money in place are 'avin a larf.

ive rarely seen that going on. the chip and pin illiminates all excuses really

jamesm
09-07-2013, 09:49 PM
yeah, anyone expecting work done without the money in place are 'avin a larf.

ive rarely seen that going on. the chip and pin illiminates all excuses really

that's a tidy web site you have

AtlasRob
09-07-2013, 10:14 PM
. Knowing full well I'm going to get told its too late for this month......want to make sure its not this time next month when I get told there is a problem :

Was looking for this at weekend and couldn't remember where I'd posted.
Friday mornings post confirmed Bacs payment for tomorrow. 10th July which I consider to be very reasonable in the big scheme of things considering my last week was the first week of June. :D

MchaleBuildingServices
20-01-2014, 10:42 PM
got one of these too

there good but takes minimun of 7 days to recieve payment

off the top of my head there is one card that when paid by it takes a week to get paid but only pays 1000 the first day and then makes part payments over the next few days