PDA

View Full Version : Dumper nudgeblade

Turtle590
15-05-2013, 08:52 AM
http://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/the-digger-blog/view/get-on-the-level-with-nudgeblade

Anybody seen one of these? I think it's a great idea, utilises the plant and labour 100%

It's maybe been on here before but I never noticed.

Pecall
15-05-2013, 09:17 AM
Never seen it before but it is a very novel idea. I can see it becoming very popular especially on the smaller sites.

diggerman
15-05-2013, 10:24 AM
that is simply brilliant.ive often thought about it but never done nothing about it.im amazed farmers with stock don't buy dumpers and remove the skips and put three point linkage on the front and have scrapers for pushing slurry about.i certainly would if I still kept 2500 pigs
nick...........

AtlasRob
15-05-2013, 11:47 AM
[
It's maybe been on here before but I never noticed.

It's been somewhere before as I definetly remember seeing it. That said I get email updates from that site and may have seen it there.
If the manufacturers let the skip tip a little further or altered the front of the skip slightly you would be able to doze with the skip like I remember doing years ago .

diggerjones
15-05-2013, 12:55 PM
this is'nt a new design, think its been out years. this was covered either here or on pavingexpert site. think i had a job on a canal tow path and this was talked about. its a good tool though, i would have 1 if the job was right.

Local Diggers
15-05-2013, 11:11 PM
even on my small tracked dumper that would be really useful. pretty simple to make too i guess

glinton
18-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Great looking extra, I think it's something we will offer as an option on our new dumpers we sell (Ausa), as they only offer a self loading attachment which works on the same principal but is a bucket that loads the skip. Always surprised they haven't taken off on smaller sites, ground care etc :confused:

bri963
18-05-2013, 09:24 AM
This is really going to screw with the CPCS, they struggled enough with roto tele-handlers.

Turtle590
18-05-2013, 09:29 AM
This is really going to screw with the CPCS, they struggled enough with roto tele-handlers.

Didn't even consider that, but who really cares... Really. QUANGO

There's bound to be some bulb that stops its use thats for sure.

diggerman
18-05-2013, 11:00 AM

Fcuk the cpcs
Nick.........

furniss480
12-03-2016, 10:38 PM
that is simply brilliant.ive often thought about it but never done nothing about it.im amazed farmers with stock don't buy dumpers and remove the skips and put three point linkage on the front and have scrapers for pushing slurry about.i certainly would if I still kept 2500 pigs
nick...........

I sold a 1 ton dumper to a farmer and he did just that - said it was the biz - I never saw the finished article though.

V8Druid
15-03-2016, 01:16 AM
https://youtu.be/ASNxDMl-DcE

Interesting unit :cool:

pond digger
15-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Yes I'm sure this type of attachment has been done here before. Didn't Mog do some interesting things to dumpers?

Shovelhands
15-03-2016, 07:04 AM
Yes I'm sure this type of attachment has been done here before. Didn't Mog do some interesting things to dumpers?

Mog does interesting things to a lot of stuff:D:D:p

V8Druid
11-10-2016, 08:59 PM
It's been somewhere before as I definetly remember seeing it. That said I get email updates from that site and may have seen it there.
If the manufacturers let the skip tip a little further or altered the front of the skip slightly you would be able to doze with the skip like I remember doing years ago .

Just looking at this thread again ....... for some reason? :rolleyes:

The Humper-Dumper's skip actually touches the ground on full tip and dozes a treat .... IIRC she's a very early frame steer Thwaites 2.5 tonner ... big ol' skip on her. :D

Stick a block under the front of the skip and the wheels are off the ground in a second .... if you get a puncture ! ;)

Down side of it is the hand crank Petter twin ..... anticlockwise!!! :eek: ..... just weird!!!!!! (for a right hand-er anyway ... might be easier if yer's a left hooker?)

pond digger
11-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I have a lister driven pump that's an anti-clockwise cranker. It didn't have a handle when I acquired it, so l made one........ A clockwise one............that didn't go well:rolleyes:.

V8Druid
11-10-2016, 11:24 PM
I have a lister driven pump that's an anti-clockwise cranker. It didn't have a handle when I acquired it, so l made one........ A clockwise one............that didn't go well:rolleyes:.

sat here rocking with laughter Chris !! :D The boss shouts down "Keep the laughter down"! :rolleyes:

I had to make one for this 'un too ..... fortunately the end of the crank has a ramped sprag dog for a cross pin handle .. otherwise I'd have probably done the same .... anti-clocks aren't exactly abundant :o

delbouy
12-10-2016, 09:33 PM
The starter handle I got for the Winget and the mixer is a Lister handle, and they both have a pin in them on a spring, the pin can be turned around the do Clock and Anti-clockwise wise,
They are bloody heavy tho, on there own, all cast.

V8Druid
12-10-2016, 11:00 PM
The starter handle I got for the Winget and the mixer is a Lister handle, and they both have a pin in them on a spring, the pin can be turned around the do Clock and Anti-clockwise wise,
They are bloody heavy tho, on there own, all cast.

one like these Del?

https://www.stationaryengineparts.com/images/cache/Lister%20A,%20B,%20HR,%20HRW,%20LD,%20LR,%20SL,%20 SR,%20ST%20&%20SW%20Type%201.5%20Inch%20Starting%20Handle-fe9183d4ee1041cd2cc48baf957a18df.jpg

https://www.stationaryengineparts.com/images/cache/Petter%201,1-2%20Starting%20Handle-3cd3f00636b8462dbb27893ddad8bb9a.jpg

http://www.stationary-engine.net/Forum/Images/Uploaded2/Startinghandles1.jpg

they are bloody heavy and would not want it smacking you in the face :eek:

mart1602
12-10-2016, 11:08 PM
got a big dent in top of my nose from one of them

V8Druid
12-10-2016, 11:11 PM
got a big dent in top of my nose from one of them

OUCH!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek: