PDA

View Full Version : Phone?????????????

mogman
02-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Well the old Motorola defy started to play up about Christmas time after over 2 years of great service (battery won't hold a charge bought a new one same story) anyhow the bride gave me a Samsung galaxy nice phone good features but after only 4 months its bit the dust:(.............but while on the cat stand last month saw the new cat phone
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cat+b15&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=M7GrUfHoC6jY0QWnqIDoBA&sqi=2&ved=0CDIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=909
it looks quite tough but not cheap:eek: what do you think and what are you using

Paul.

Casedriver
02-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Mini Defy for me was cheap done about 2 yrs now even stood up to being dropped in hot hyd oil :o

d4c24a
03-06-2013, 06:15 AM
i have no need for a smart phone and have one of these 3 year unconditional warranty :)

http://www.sonimtech.com/products/xp3300force.php

Local Diggers
03-06-2013, 08:06 AM
i had the jcb phone, wasnt waterproof, had the sonim builders phone battery didnt last long, ive had iphones the screens are more delicate than her indoors after a night on the wine! im now on an old simple nokia. battery lasts over a week between charges. and unlike smart phones it never looses connection mid call. it just rings and i answer, thats all i need. have an ipad for work calenders and invoicing etc.

d4c24a
03-06-2013, 05:12 PM
battery life surprises me LD , the old one that i have kept as a spare would still go 4 days on a charge easily after 3 years , the latest is 1.5 years old and goes for a week ,it was unheard of for a phone to last me 3 months let alone 3 years
but it did with only one warranty call after about 2 years which was sorted with no fuss :)

Local Diggers
03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
mate what ever works for you. all i lnow is them smart phones are not for the kind of driver that gets off the machine with a shovel. they are for the clean boot brigade.

proper operator; proper shit phone.

d4c24a
03-06-2013, 07:12 PM
working in the amount of water i do , you soon find what is waterproof and what's not :D

komatsu
03-06-2013, 07:51 PM
i have no need for a smart phone and have one of these 3 year unconditional warranty :)

http://www.sonimtech.com/products/xp3300force.php

that looks very much like one of those jcb phones

Mintsauce
03-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Still suffering from shock after enquiring about a Jcb phone. Just gone back to my old Nokia after my sony-erricson died in a monsoon shower recently. Nokia goes for about 4 days between charges which is a bonus though.

I like Dans idea of sticking with an old phone on site. Alot of people look surprised when they hear the monotone ring tone:o

Has anyone still got one of those old 12v housebricks?

d4c24a
03-06-2013, 08:07 PM

they make the budget version for jcb , land rover etc ;)
3 year unconditional warranty cannot be sniffed at :)
mine was around 230 sim free
i can get internet etc on mine if i wanted but can,t be arsed with it

mogman
03-06-2013, 08:19 PM

I had a JCB phone and it was made by somin was a good phone but i dropped the bloody thing in to the shear/baler at the scrap yard out of my top pocket so was soon on its way back to china.............also had a motorola tuff case that slipped out of the back window when i was buck raking didn't realise it was gone till tea time:rolleyes: still i did find it.....................at back end feeding cows been clamped with all the grass through the diet feeder and a cow must of spat it out as it was in the bottom of the trough:eek: didn't work after that:(

as for smart phones I find them very useful but a bit venerable

Paul.

go back
03-06-2013, 09:14 PM
our fitter has one of the new cat phones and it is shit keeps losing signal not water proof just a very cheep budget phone with a cat badge and big price tag

Traxcavator.
04-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Our fitter has one of those jcb phones too...... can't have come with an ops manual as he cant operate it. Must need a new air filter by now and god knows what the condition of the oil is like .. !

scoffcruddle
04-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Had a jcb phone it did 2 years replaced with a jcb protalk,it was shite I then got a galaxy2 in an otterbox its been fine just replaced it with a s3.

msh paving
07-06-2013, 08:24 PM
had a HTC for 2 years great phone, now got galaxy s4 in a otterbox superb bit of kit