PDA

View Full Version : jawbone, a good plant operators present.

Local Diggers
01-04-2010, 02:08 PM
heres one for the modern operator amongst us, its a bluetooth earset for your phone but it has a noise and wind cancellation function built in. its very good for anyone on loud machinery or similar, works really well too. have a look at the clip

http://eu.jawbone.com/epages/Jawbone.sf/seci0tXIcaAphk/;SessionID=3183798d1c657f2e0d8a04ebdea57c5b?Object Path=Categories/Demo/DemoLandingPage

Guest1
02-04-2010, 07:19 AM
I allways thought folk who wear these are ass holes,all the social scroungers round my local car boot wear them allong with a white tracksuit and a pair of disco shoes,stupid jaw bone:p

Local Diggers
02-04-2010, 09:15 AM
must admit i look like a dick wearing mine, but i dont miss and work when im on site and i can keep the machines running while i talk, it will pay for itself in a week.

now then, where can i find a white track suit.... :p

Stock..
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
heres one for the modern operator amongst us, its a bluetooth earset for your phone but it has a noise and wind cancellation function built in. its very good for anyone on loud machinery or similar, works really well too. have a look at the clip

http://eu.jawbone.com/epages/Jawbone.sf/seci0tXIcaAphk/;SessionID=3183798d1c657f2e0d8a04ebdea57c5b?Object Path=Categories/Demo/DemoLandingPage

As you have one are they really that good? have blue tooth fitted to the Langer Rover and car but they are limited and both are nokias..

Local Diggers
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
give me a few weeks with it and i will let you know, but put it this way, yesterday i was working a hydraulic breaker and talking to my mate on it, he said he could hear the breaker but could understand everything i said! i got mine after seeing all the grab lorry drivers had them, they swear blind.

ianoz.
02-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't know Dan , All females seem to think we men can't multi task ,and i tend to agree .I like to have my mind on the job when i am operating a machine . I tell every one ,i don't answer my phone when i am busy and i don't ring them back ,if its important they will ring me back . .Ian .

Local Diggers
02-04-2010, 12:18 PM
valid point mate.

ianoz.
02-04-2010, 01:11 PM
I don't know if you have the same over there , We get Telemarketers , phone networks trying to convert you over to them, ,The idiots that while driving to work ,decide today would be a good day to Their job and are just ringing to see if you can come and do it ,not right now ,but in an hours time would suit them .. . I have one builder that rings me up and says he wants a job done , Says you tell me when you can fit it in .. When he rang me last week ,And i knew damned well i could not fit him in , I went out on sunday {very Naughty, ,not supposed to , but it was in a new estate } And dug a footing for them . He makes life easy for me . . others ring up wanting tuesday ,and when i say sorry not before friday , but i could do it monday ,You get no that does not suit me to bring it forward a day and friday is TOO far away , I will have to get some one else to do it:( .. So much for spending hundreds of thousands of dollars To look after your customers , and get no loyalty:confused:. Most phone calls you get this days are some one trying to sell you something or not very work related ., I think i need to have a holiday or something ;).Ian .

ianoz.
30-03-2011, 10:17 PM
give me a few weeks with it and i will let you know, but put it this way, yesterday i was working a hydraulic breaker and talking to my mate on it, he said he could hear the breaker but could understand everything i said! i got mine after seeing all the grab lorry drivers had them, they swear blind.

Hey Dan , You were going to get back to us with a product report .,So whats the go ,a good thing ???? Or has the next great thing come along now .:D

gazzas
30-03-2011, 11:37 PM

i have to admit if its as good as them vidoes say they are then im sold to be honest,
thats if i could ware one that is, not good trying to keep a ear peice in while wareing glassers, have ot found one yet that wount fall of when sitting nice, or its jammed in your ear that it hurts,
so i think im just buggered lol.

I did go out and buy 5 new radios for the plant with handfree on them, after i fitted them to the 2 trucks 1 digger 1 handler and 1 tractor.
thought i test them out.

it was only then that i relised that the one in the digger is behind the seat so it wont pick your voice up, the one in the handler is abover your head to the back, the one in the owrks truck is well on the floor nearly and its not vary quiet,
the ony 2 that were of use was in the tractor and other truck,
so utter fail on my part.

which model do you have of it.
if anything the woman in the last 2 vids is fine fine fine ;)

JD450A
31-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Can't stand people with bluetooth... whatever happened to the sacred art of wedging your phone/ipod into your hardhat and duct tapeing it there...:D

Normally white hard hat folk who wear these :rolleyes:

Local Diggers
03-04-2011, 07:38 PM
an update for you. i lost the damn thing after 2 weeks or so. it was really good but i never bought a replacement so it cant have been that good.

AtlasRob
05-04-2011, 10:18 PM
..................... i lost the damn thing after 2 weeks or so.

I had a watch like that for my 12th birthday. Waterproof, dustproof, you could shake it, rattle it, everything,. the real mutts nutts...........even reckoned you could play football wearing it.............that was a lie,.........
I couldn't........

Stock..
05-04-2011, 10:38 PM
I had a watch like that for my 12th birthday. Waterproof, dustproof, you could shake it, rattle it, everything,. the real mutts nutts...........even reckoned you could play football wearing it.............that was a lie,.........
I couldn't........

I bet it was a swatch........................................

d4c24a
06-04-2011, 06:20 AM
even reckoned you could play football wearing it.............that was a lie,.........
I couldn't........

mate got some spot lights years ago to put on his hillman avenger he made a big thing of showing what it said on the box "brings out the rally driver in you" not for him ,that night in the fog with these great bright lights on :rolleyes:he ditched it writing it off

AtlasRob
09-04-2011, 04:07 PM
"brings out the rally driver in you"

another case of, it does what it says on the box. Not! :D

Traxcavator.
05-05-2011, 10:23 AM
Wearing one of those cockroaches on yer ear does not make you any less safe when operating, just like hands free in cars. You watch people on the phone on foot....they walk around in deranged circles and pace up and down, tell them what they were doing and they'll say.....No i wasn't !!......no how do they pilot a machine or vehicle safely.........