PDA

View Full Version : Engine ready propane from sunlight and e-coli !

V8Druid
04-09-2014, 10:30 AM
This is fascinating - suitably developed it could be the new 'fuel cell' !!
(and a lot safer than hydrogen) :eek:;)

http://www.gizmag.com/propane-e-coli-biosynthetic-fossil-fuels/33621/?utm_source=Gizmag+Subscribers&utm_campaign=d46f6fe6e8-UA-2235360-4&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_65b67362bd-d46f6fe6e8-90818657

Mintsauce
04-09-2014, 08:01 PM
E coli - isnt that the one that gives you a gypie tummy?:o:D

V8Druid
04-09-2014, 10:17 PM
E coli - isnt that the one that gives you a gypie tummy?:o:D

Got it in one Minty.

Can just see the kit now - 1 cork, 1 hose, one nozzle for the manifold an' a tub of e-coli for brekky!!!!!! :eek::eek: OMG!!!!!!!

Wouldn't wanna back fire though !!!!

tinydigger
04-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Got it in one Minty.

Can just see the kit now - 1 cork, 1 hose, one nozzle for the manifold an' a tub of e-coli for brekky!!!!!! :eek::eek: OMG!!!!!!!

Wouldn't wanna back fire though !!!!

in that case i must have produced enough "fuel" for a fleet of ducks today :eek::D

Uffex1900
25-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Good day Folks
I have read your response to the post with interest, I have drawn the following conclusion that there is a lot of money in Apple machines.
If you like the Apple operating system why pay thousand pounds or so, with a little effort many old Intel machines will run the apple operating system without any problem (Cost maybe £20.00 or so)
Visit http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61398-muti-beast-help-ga-z68x-ud4.html.
I have used this for two years its has worked without a problem, with the addition of a small switch I have the possibilty to operate with Zorin (linux distro) often refred to as XP replacement with very minor glytch's this also works as good as XP the difference is only minor (Cost about £10.00). If you would like more details just drop me a line

V8Druid
26-11-2014, 12:58 AM
Good day Folks
I have read your response to the post with interest, I have drawn the following conclusion that there is a lot of money in Apple machines.
If you like the Apple operating system why pay thousand pounds or so, with a little effort many old Intel machines will run the apple operating system without any problem (Cost maybe £20.00 or so)
Visit http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/61398-muti-beast-help-ga-z68x-ud4.html.
I have used this for two years its has worked without a problem, with the addition of a small switch I have the possibilty to operate with Zorin (linux distro) often refred to as XP replacement with very minor glytch's this also works as good as XP the difference is only minor (Cost about £10.00). If you would like more details just drop me a line

Umm - wrong thread I think Uffy ol' mate!!

Taurus66
26-11-2014, 07:56 AM
Me thinks he is a spammer or computer salesman!!!!!

V8Druid
26-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Me thinks he is a spammer or computer salesman!!!!!

This where he should've been posting Taurus http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=112276#post112276
was reading it last night and thinking about dragging my old Mac out and learning to drive it, in anticipation of perhaps upgrading.
Giles and a few others certainly rave about 'em and my stepdaughter uses nothing else.
apparently for design work they are the benchmark!

GB_Groundworks
27-11-2014, 08:26 AM
Imagine computing where everything works as it should no viruses or mall ware not shitty norton dragging your system down no shitty outdated windows registry that just bloats your computer to death.

PC = Jcb

Mac = liebhier

(Mac Pro = menzi) priced accordingly though :)

V8Druid
27-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Imagine computing where everything works as it should no viruses or mall ware not shitty norton dragging your system down no shitty outdated windows registry that just bloats your computer to death.

PC = Jcb

Mac = liebhier

(Mac Pro = menzi) priced accordingly though :)

So given a reasonable budget Giles, what would you recommend to replace my OAP XP-ed desktop, bearing in mind that I am not the greatest on these things - can do what I do regularly ok, having learnt through years of practise/blundering blindly, but just HOW different is the Mac, to what I'm used to. What about printer/scanner/camera/etc. drivers/interfaces??????

I'm apprehensive to make the leap, in case I can't get my head around it? :eek:

GB_Groundworks
29-11-2014, 02:02 PM
Mac plug it in its works, no driver bollocks etc some older (10 years +) printers might cause problems but I doubt it.

I replaced my folks acre PC this year with a second hand 21 iMac that was 400 quid of eBay and they're 67/68 complete computer novices and there fine.

It's just silly stuff like no right click etc but other than that not to much difference you have a dock at the bottom rather than a start button but new windows have copied that anyway uses a unix file system so no stupid defraging etc

And as I'm always pestering you about welding I'm here for any questions :)

I've got 27" iMac 32gb ram i7 3.4 ghz 4tb hd and 14tb if externals but I'm what you might call a power user :)

Good thing about macs is it's all contained if you go iMac route you have screen mouse and keyboard that's it. No box hunting away no mess of wires etc and they look good as well but you pay more but they out last a PC 3 or 4 times over

I still uses my 17" mac book pro that's 7 years old and I can edit 150mb tiff images in ps6 no problem try that on a 7 year dell laptop if it'll even turn on.

doobin
29-11-2014, 04:12 PM
I still uses my 17" mac book pro that's 7 years old and I can edit 150mb tiff images in ps6 no problem try that on a 7 year dell laptop if it'll even turn on.

Running the same here, it's still worth £200 too. Find me a Dell laptop worth a tenner at 7 years old :D

Go for it Druid, you won't look back.

753bobcat
29-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Had Mac for near 10 years
The cost is cheap because you get as you say 4 x life out of it
Very user friendly and the updates are free
My mrs used PCs for work and the last laptop I gave £1000 for lasted 18 months
Had her In tears
Lost all work on it

GB_Groundworks
29-11-2014, 07:07 PM
unless it was a real catasphrophic failure id could probably recover the data even after a format,

get trickier if theres physical damage but you can swap the magnetic disk into a working drive if it was real critical stuff

i have lots of back up drives that i mirror for redundant failure :)

V8Druid
06-12-2014, 11:35 PM
unless it was a real catasphrophic failure id could probably recover the data even after a format,

get trickier if theres physical damage but you can swap the magnetic disk into a working drive if it was real critical stuff

i have lots of back up drives that i mirror for redundant failure :)

A real interesting quote here for you Giles ;):)

"A surprising statistic

.... What’s the second-most popular desktop computer operating system in the world?
If you said Mac OS X, you’re wrong.
If you said Linux, you’re also wrong.
According to Netmarketshare’s October 2014 stats, Windows XP is the answer with a market share of 17.18%.
It’s well behind Windows 7 (53.05%), but ahead of Windows 8.1 (10.92%), Windows 8 (5.88%) and Apple’s OS X 10.9 (3.66%)."

Good ol' XP :D