PDA

View Full Version : "Let's do the twist"

V8Druid
17-09-2015, 12:46 AM
this is a novel idea for the tilty owners of the land - doubt you'd want to be doing massive quantities, but useful for the occasional hole:rolleyes:

Shovelhands
17-09-2015, 07:17 AM
It would be interesting to know what the tilty manufacturers would think about sticking that under one?:eek: I can't imagine that's within the design spec of the average tilty?

komatsu
17-09-2015, 07:20 AM
It s made by RF systems who's majority of stuff that is made for tiltys, think their are actually owned by kingshoffer now

Shovelhands
17-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Out of interest, would you be happy winding one of those under your tilty? It's surely not what a tilty was intended for? Or do you think they would stick the punishment?

komatsu
17-09-2015, 08:10 AM
Wouldn't have a problem with doing that at all, what you've got to remember is, is that they are way in front of us with what they have been doing, so if their was a problem with them, they wouldn't be selling them

Shovelhands
17-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Wouldn't have a problem with doing that at all, what you've got to remember they are way in front of us with what they have been doing, so if their was a problem with them, they wouldn't be selling them

Fair point.

But for me, having augered holes in some of the crap ground I've had to, with hardcore and steel ect it the way, I would rather a dedicated drive unit. But then I'm not a tilty user so im not best placed to judge I suppose:rolleyes:

It could be your next attachment! :D

komatsu
17-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Fair point.

But for me, having augered holes in some of the crap ground I've had to, with hardcore and steel ect it the way, I would rather a dedicated drive unit. But then I'm not a tilty user so im not best placed to judge I suppose:rolleyes:

It could be your next attachment! :D

I would say it's more for when your doing post and rail round a field or something rather than something heavy duty

left hooker
18-09-2015, 06:38 PM
Remember seeing in earthmovers mag few years back a machine in Scotland with an indextor tilty with quite a long flight auger on doing holes for piles

grahams
19-09-2015, 09:18 PM
Out of interest, would you be happy winding one of those under your tilty? It's surely not what a tilty was intended for? Or do you think they would stick the punishment?

I think the tilty would just stop turning before it caused any major damage. Certainly on my walker it is easy to stop it if using a wide bucket and twisting in anything hard.
Graham