PDA

View Full Version : Wash off Bay experience

furniss480
15-01-2017, 06:48 PM
How does everyone deal with washing machinery off back at yards in this age of environmental awareness .... I would like to put one in at the new yard but hardly dare ask :eek: :D

JD450A
15-01-2017, 07:03 PM
How does everyone deal with washing machinery off back at yards in this age of environmental awareness .... I would like to put one in at the new yard but hardly dare ask :eek: :D

I am currently waiting for the E.A to remove the waste transfer license from my yard then I am going to shamelessly copy Trax's system.

Three chambers. Water/Shit/Oil mix goes into first chamber... heavy stuff sinks in a sump, oil and water pass through a pipe that is at surface/inlet level. leaving the mud and crap behind. Next chamber the water filters down to a pipe in the bottom, whilst the oil floats on top.

Final chamber traps any remaining silt.

smiffy
15-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Depends what your dealing with just oil or chemicals bio beds can deal with anything
Just a concrete pad with a speedbump cast round it then everything goes out through one drain no leakage

furniss480
15-01-2017, 10:48 PM
I am currently waiting for the E.A to remove the waste transfer license from my yard then I am going to shamelessly copy Trax's system.

Three chambers. Water/Shit/Oil mix goes into first chamber... heavy stuff sinks in a sump, oil and water pass through a pipe that is at surface/inlet level. leaving the mud and crap behind. Next chamber the water filters down to a pipe in the bottom, whilst the oil floats on top.

Sounds a proper job that !

I will be looking to do something along those lines - with a basket or something in the first to lift mud/gravel out in... or sized so a mini can clean it out.

JD450A
15-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Sounds a proper job that !

I will be looking to do something along those lines - with a basket or something in the first to lift mud/gravel out in... or sized so a mini can clean it out.

Make it so a Mini can clean it out. Tim's had a steel Bucket originally apparently but alas the silt would always pack under it and around it. Roadsweeper was the boy for cleaning it. :D

V8Druid
15-01-2017, 11:34 PM

standard wash off 3 chamber interceptor set up Rory .... can get 'em pre-fabbed/formed and just bury 'em.
had one in my yard and worked well

IIRC this has been discussed on here before some where .... just looked ...

http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=105973&highlight=interceptor#post105973 ...... post #632 with some links to build design

grahams
16-01-2017, 08:57 AM
The main thing with interceptors seems to be making them easy to clean. If it is a difficult/expensive job you will be tempted to leave it a bit longer and before you know it there will be problems.
Graham

volbar1
16-01-2017, 07:47 PM
We have a 14m x 8m concrete pad with falls to a 1.5m x 2.5m by 1.5m deep catch pit in the centre with a outlet to a fibreglass 3 chamber separater. The grating on the catch pit we just lift off and dig out the silt with a digger, it works well for us.

furniss480
16-01-2017, 08:02 PM
We have a 14m x 8m concrete pad with falls to a 1.5m x 2.5m by 1.5m deep catch pit in the centre with a outlet to a fibreglass 3 chamber separater. The grating on the catch pit we just lift off and dig out the silt with a digger, it works well for us.

Cheers for the info - sorted.