PDA

View Full Version : Heated seat

grahams
09-12-2017, 12:25 PM
A couple of weeks ago we were using my open walker on a really awkward job. What made it more uncomfortable was there was a layer of ice on the seat. Even after scraping the ice off it was still pretty unpleasent. Have this every winter on jobs I can't use the cabbed machine. Mark, who works for me, commented how nice the heated seats in HE's Komatsus are and that was what we needed. Well, the wonders of ebay, you can buy heated seat covers that plug into the cigarette lighter. Sat here now testing one on my office chair. Very toasty. Looks like a good addition for anyone without a cab or cab heating.
Graham

Tried twice to upload images and failed, so can't show details, but basically search 12v heated seat covers on ebay. Obviosly Chinese, hence testing in office before melting digger electrics, but seem fine and nicely finished.

grahams
09-12-2017, 12:30 PM
Had a thought about posting flyer instead. Hopefully this will work.

mart1602
09-12-2017, 02:31 PM
got a heated seat in my komatsu,used it first time last week because the heater fan started getting noisy and i couldnt stand it all day.must admit the seat was very nice and plenty warm:)

hiluxman
09-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Love the idea. But how do they get on with the wet?

grahams
09-12-2017, 07:25 PM
But how do they get on with the wet?

Don't know yet. Brochure says "Has strong moisture resistance" whatever that means. We'll wait and see.
Graham

doobin
09-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Well it also 'make you Shujinhuoxue', so you'll have to wait and see what becomes of your operator as regards that too :D

grahams
09-12-2017, 09:36 PM
I donít know what it is with the Chinese. They have obviously put effort into making this. It is nicely finished and all appears to work as expected, but when it comes to translation they seem to make very little attempt to get it right.
Graham

mart1602
09-12-2017, 09:40 PM
sweaty balls ??:D

S.A.F.
10-12-2017, 05:18 AM
sweaty balls ??:D
Deluxe model has area zones so that you can cool your balls & warm your ass.

grahams
10-12-2017, 10:39 AM
Well it also 'make you Shujinhuoxue', so you'll have to wait and see what becomes of your operator as regards that too :D

Just googled Shujinhuoxue, it means "relax the muscle and stimulate the blood circulation. This is kind of traditional chinese medical treatment " so there you go. I'll be healthy and relaxed as well as warm.
Graham

JD450A
10-12-2017, 12:26 PM
Don't know yet. Brochure says "Has strong moisture resistance" whatever that means. We'll wait and see.
Graham

Shocking.....

grahams
10-12-2017, 12:53 PM
Shocking.....

possibly. The way the rain is coming down at present I don't think I would risk it, but still be nice in my cabbed version as it takes about 1/2 hour to heat up from frozen.
Graham

OllieGunns
10-12-2017, 01:30 PM
I drove an Avant last week that had a heated seat - great idea for canopy machines, makes it slightly more bareable. If the cover doesnt stand the test of time, maybe find out who makes the Avant ones and just swap it.

grahams
10-12-2017, 01:52 PM
I drove an Avant last week that had a heated seat - great idea for canopy machines, makes it slightly more bareable. If the cover doesnt stand the test of time, maybe find out who makes the Avant ones and just swap it.

Good idea. If anyone knows, please let me know.
Graham

twoakers
10-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Had a thought about posting flyer instead. Hopefully this will work.

Looks ideal for my little open cab digger :)
Looked at yer PDF flyer no problem.
Any chance you could indicate a link to the eBay product please?
Quick search reveals 1952!! :o

grahams
10-12-2017, 08:59 PM
I bought two from this advert:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272646518441?ul_ref=https%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay .com%252Frover%252F0%252F0%252F0%253Fmpre%253Dhttp s%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.ebay.co.uk%25252Fulk%252 52Fitm%25252F272646518441%2526rvr_id%253D0&ul_noapp=true

Graham

hiluxman
10-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Think I may give them a try too.:)

twoakers
11-12-2017, 11:04 AM
Ordered :D
Thanks Graham

V8Druid
11-12-2017, 11:24 AM
I bought some heating pads a while ago to go in the seat, but have never gotten them fitted .... this looks an easier solution than dismantling the seat :cool: ..... cheap too :rolleyes:

grahams
11-12-2017, 05:29 PM
I bought some heating pads a while ago to go in the seat, but have never gotten them fitted .... this looks an easier solution than dismantling the seat :cool: ..... cheap too :rolleyes:

I looked at the heated pads - do a professional job, etc, but on my open stuff the plastic outer is bonded to the foam inner, so not really feasible.
For the money Iíll be happy if they get me through the worst of the winter.
Graham

V8Druid
11-12-2017, 06:16 PM
I looked at the heated pads - do a professional job, etc, but on my open stuff the plastic outer is bonded to the foam inner, so not really feasible.
For the money Iíll be happy if they get me through the worst of the winter.
Graham

yeh that was my thoughts Gra and hard wire them in, but those do look a damned good, easy fix, for a warm bum/back .... 'Drema has a great heater and keeps the feet nice, but I tend to have the door, and often the front window open ... Sundym glass isn't overly helpful when the light's not so good and I'm always in / out the seat, lacking assistance on the deck, doing anything, so a nice warm seat to clamber back into each time'd be a real bonus :D:D .... might just treat meself to one o' they :D:cool:

smiffy
11-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Along this line i was discussing the other day why dont some of the cabless machines have heated sticks

Quadbikes have heated grips and would make it a bit nicer

What also may be of interest most of the powertool manufacturers have heated hoodies that work with there batteries and i think its the Milwaukee one has a cig lighter plug aswell could be useful to someone

V8Druid
11-12-2017, 07:55 PM
Along this line i was discussing the other day why dont some of the cabless machines have heated sticks

Quadbikes have heated grips and would make it a bit nicer

What also may be of interest most of the powertool manufacturers have heated hoodies that work with there batteries and i think its the Milwaukee one has a cig lighter plug aswell could be useful to someone

you can get fully heated under-suits for motor cycling guys ... plug in and baste occasionally 'til done :D:D

grahams
11-12-2017, 08:43 PM
There are limits to this luxury you know. Only looking for a bit of comfort. Make it too nice and everyone will want to play. The misses and the daughter already think I do bugger all all day and the money grows on trees. Donít want to encourage them further.
Graham

800CLC
12-12-2017, 03:57 AM
Our Kobelco has a heated nut and bum warmer and our Toyota SUV has a nut and bum warmer which is a really nice. I've seen heated seat covers here too for cars, trucks, and tractors and such that don't have factory ones. The Hitachi has a good heater and thaws out my usually frozen feet quite well. During our long cold winters I usually wear insulated bib overalls and layer up if I'm doing the "in and out of the cab thing". And usually have a couple pairs of gloves for when one pair gets wet and mucky. :rolleyes:

twoakers
12-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Really looking forward to receiving my Xmas present to self from eBay :D
.....and will report on this thread how it goes.
When it's cold, always pleased to get off me arse for a bit of 'safe digging' spade work around pipes, cables and other stuff hidden in the ground....
Sometime hear myself saying to the groundworker/banksman "Let me help you with that!!" :o

wee_gus
12-12-2017, 04:52 PM
Think I will need to order one for the van, nothing like a cold and frosty seat in the morning :(

Regy53
12-12-2017, 05:26 PM
I have a heated hoodie for in the yard it uses a Milwaukee battery from one of my guns, bloody decent

grahams
12-12-2017, 05:32 PM
Think I will need to order one for the van, nothing like a cold and frosty seat in the morning :(

I think you need one to cover the whole van where you are.
If I still ran a landrover I would certainly have one, almost instant heat whilst you are waiting for the main heater to kick in.
Graham

V8Druid
12-12-2017, 09:35 PM
I have a heated hoodie for in the yard it uses a Milwaukee battery from one of my guns, bloody decent

not gonna ask where the battery lives :eek:

V8Druid
12-12-2017, 09:51 PM
There are limits .... you know. . The misses and the daughter already think I do bugger all all day and the money grows on trees.
Graham

sounds familiar Gra ... I used to go to work and sit on my arse all day :rolleyes:......... these days I just sit on my arse at home LOL !! :eek: everything that needs doing happens magically :D

wee_gus
13-12-2017, 02:32 AM
I think you need one to cover the whole van where you are.
If I still ran a landrover I would certainly have one, almost instant heat whilst you are waiting for the main heater to kick in.
Graham

Luckily for me I have missed it all so far, at the moment I am on the samaan Charlie gas platform offshore Trinidad and I am dying to get home only another 10 days

grahams
13-12-2017, 09:15 AM
Luckily for me I have missed it all so far, at the moment I am on the samaan Charlie gas platform offshore Trinidad and I am dying to get home only another 10 days

Didn't realise you were still doing the offshore work as well. Thought you were full time fitting.
Graham

Regy53
13-12-2017, 04:52 PM
not gonna ask where the battery lives :eek:

round the back in a little pocket, its not that noticeable once you have used it a couple of times :D

V8Druid
13-12-2017, 08:24 PM
round the back in a little pocket, its not that noticeable once you have used it a couple of times :D

"Pocket" or socket, Ross :p:D:D

wee_gus
15-12-2017, 01:27 PM
Didn't realise you were still doing the offshore work as well. Thought you were full time fitting.
Graham

Doing a bit off both, have a family friend on the van when Iím away, suits him, he doesnít need to work anymore bu likes to keep his hand in, itís mostly servicing work that is pre arranged, any breakdowns that get called in go the the misses and she then hands the job to the van when Iím away, 95% of contact with my customers is with email anyway

V8Druid
15-12-2017, 02:20 PM
Doing a bit off both, have a family friend on the van when Iím away, suits him, he doesnít need to work anymore bu likes to keep his hand in, itís mostly servicing work that is pre arranged, any breakdowns that get called in go the the misses and she then hands the job to the van when Iím away, 95% of contact with my customers is with email anyway

sounds like you have it sussed .... you 'chill' in Trindad :D ... while yer mate chills - literally, in the frozen North :eek:
A1* for initiative :D:D

cps140
06-03-2018, 11:13 PM
Any one go for these in the end? And any reviews? Would like one for the wee multione loader.

V8Druid
07-03-2018, 12:40 AM
Any one go for these in the end? And any reviews? Would like one for the wee multione loader.

GrahamS has one on his canopied m/c and I have one sat waiting to be wired into the 'Drema .... Gra rates his Aiden :cool: ......
and I'll let you know :rolleyes: :D

grahams
07-03-2018, 09:21 AM

Yes, I have two. Pure luxury! Really make a difference. It is obviously not a climate controlled cab, but they warm you through enough to make it almost comfortable to be sat there for a shift in the snow.
If I still had the defender Iíd be using one in that as well.
For the money you canít go wrong.
Graham