The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#11   IP: 2.98.217.24
Old 26-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: Roughneck Skiploader

It deffinitely depends on the work you're doing though. There is a well known concrete driveway paver near here and all he uses is a roughneck which he's had for ages.

If you want a cheap dumper to barrow stuff on relatively flat ground they will do the job. But as soon as you start trying to do things you would ordinarily do with a normal 4x4 dumper you'll wish you never bought it. Thats what happened to me anyway.

Going to check out Hinowa now. But no, I cannot afford,
  #12   IP: 94.2.211.218
Old 26-08-2011, 09:28 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big---T View Post
Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone had experience of using a Roughneck Skiploader and any views you might have? Im thinking og maybe getting one soon to start my narrow access earthworks business. There are probably better tracked dumpers on the market, Hanowa etc, but the roughneck does in my eyes have some advantages;

Self trailering (so would save on the need for a trailer)

Honda engined (have nothing but praise for these!)

750kg payload

Skip hight discharge

Can be fitted with pallet tines and a loading shovel.

Any comments??

Regards,

Anthony.
have a nueson i tonne high lift can get that through gates and it turns well done many a job with tight acess and space and it works well have a look at a second hand one of these. i thought they were better than the others as it has a lower seating hight used it in a graveyard and had to manouvere backwards between two very old graves and then do a tight turn to go down to the path moved a hundred tonne of garden waste with it and did not touch the graves once. very good machine the stopping is a bit weired as it stops as soon as you take your foot off pedal but got used to it and just keep a bit of power on. they are central piviot and will load a skip no problem
  #13   IP: 93.96.7.81
Old 26-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamplighter2 View Post
have a nueson i tonne high lift can get that through gates and it turns well done many a job with tight acess and space and it works well have a look at a second hand one of these. i thought they were better than the others as it has a lower seating hight used it in a graveyard and had to manouvere backwards between two very old graves and then do a tight turn to go down to the path moved a hundred tonne of garden waste with it and did not touch the graves once. very good machine the stopping is a bit weired as it stops as soon as you take your foot off pedal but got used to it and just keep a bit of power on. they are central piviot and will load a skip no problem
i have a big issue with those (is it hydrostatic) breaking systems, we had a nasty accident where a pedal got stuck and the driver couldnt stop the dumper, he rolled it over a pile of earth but it could have been a killer easily. we wont have those on site anymore because i could do without that law suit

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #14   IP: 90.193.135.240
Old 27-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
......... we had a nasty accident where a pedal got stuck
Was there no emergency stop button on it? or option to turn the key off ( if it had one )

It never ceases to suprise me how many lads on the 6t site dumpers will quite happily sit there with it supposedly on tick over when in actual fact the engine is running at quite a few revs as there is a stone stuck in the slot preventing the pedal returning properly.
When I pull them on it and show them the problem the blank look on their face says it all but its alright, they have ticket that says they are competent to operate it

Not saying this was the problem but something all operators of an engine driven piece of equipment should be aware of. How to stop it in an emergency!

Then you get the other extreme where a roller wont start because the last operator who got off it thumped the big red button while the machine was still on full revs but its ok as he has a tic....................... dont bother.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #15   IP: 94.2.249.68
Old 01-09-2011, 07:47 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
i have a big issue with those (is it hydrostatic) breaking systems, we had a nasty accident where a pedal got stuck and the driver couldnt stop the dumper, he rolled it over a pile of earth but it could have been a killer easily. we wont have those on site anymore because i could do without that law suit
its a neuson 1001 you have me worried as itsa foot pedal but the gears are on the steering wheel so forward forward back back.if the foot pdal got stuck then by knocking it in to nuetral it would stop.or i this not true.
i am wanting to get more work for it and your story does not bear thinking about. not shure if its hydro as when the electrics played up it would not do anything so maybe its not hydrostatic but electrics
  #16   IP: 86.26.201.210
Old 01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamplighter2 View Post
its a neuson 1001 you have me worried as itsa foot pedal but the gears are on the steering wheel so forward forward back back.if the foot pdal got stuck then by knocking it in to nuetral it would stop.or i this not true.
i am wanting to get more work for it and your story does not bear thinking about. not shure if its hydro as when the electrics played up it would not do anything so maybe its not hydrostatic but electrics
You are correct ( I am driving one at the moment) when the pedal is pressed if you knock it into neutral the drive stops no doubt with a halt so if the pedal is jammed open you should be able to stop movement, if you can't turn of the engine.

Don't know whether it is the machine I am using at the moment or all of them but the pedal is all or nothing for when starting to move from a static position - makes it very jerky if you are not careful which is quite hard to be over bumpy ground (look like a learner driver kangarooing along )

#17   IP: 94.2.249.68
Old 02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Perfect Master

yes if you are not use to thmm they are jerky but with time using them they are ok just give tthem a bit of throttle off they go then when stopping just take foot off pedal gently and they stop gently let go and they will stop dead.
its a weired feeling but have heard most small dumpers with this system are the same as they have no gears but a pearless clutch as used in karts more you throttle the blates bite given traction when yoi stop the traction stops.
i had a old benford with gears that was worse as it would not stop but it was getting on so brakes may have been shot. just like the neuson as it is lower than the terex or benfords you need a oxegen mask when on top of them