The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Finance and Administration

#11   IP: 86.136.115.223
Old 28-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Re: Small claims

That is the trouble with working for an agency. If the client decides that you are no longer required, that's that. As far as I know, you are classed as a casual worker and can be let go as and when. However, you do have rights with the agency. I certainly hope you get what is due and I look forward to the result. This could be an eye opener for a lot of people, especially the agencies that like to run roughshod over their people.
  #12   IP: 92.41.91.107
Old 28-01-2012, 05:09 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecall View Post
That is the trouble with working for an agency. If the client decides that you are no longer required, that's that. As far as I know, you are classed as a casual worker and can be let go as and when. However, you do have rights with the agency. I certainly hope you get what is due and I look forward to the result. This could be an eye opener for a lot of people, especially the agencies that like to run roughshod over their people.
First n last time I do owt for this shower of 5hit3!
Spent the last 5 years working mostly thru agency's,so I'm used to there 'here today,gone later today mentality, only had couple of occassions where had to hassle for money,thing is mostly spend months,upto 6 or 7 with the same firm,told them I ain't wanting to go through agency,just do same thing on CIS as used to,I'd get back to what I consider a proper rate,they'd save upward of 5k a year,minimum!
  #13   IP: 81.145.141.100
Old 29-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Secret Master

Puy your facts together in a business like letter and say your taking it to the small claims court through your appointed solicitor ' Greenwoods' if they don't respond within two weeks.
Good chance they will pay up and it will only cost a stamp.
Once you go to a solicitor you start racking up fees, and most solicitors only see you as more turnover - for them.
Legal 'profession ' is a big racket in my book.

Last edited by Seacoaler; 29-02-2012 at 03:23 PM.
  #14   IP: 90.196.146.235
Old 24-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Knight of the East

Hope you dont mind me asking! how did you get on with this ?

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #15   IP: 92.41.32.62
Old 25-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Got it sorted,got three days money in lieu of 'lost shifts',didn't go to court,letter did it,but not dealt with them,and wouldn't since,well don't need to now,just usual rail agency rubbish,there are a couple thats ok but most just treat people like $h1t!
  #16   IP: 149.254.187.206
Old 26-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchy View Post
Got it sorted,got three days money in lieu of 'lost shifts',didn't go to court,letter did it,d:
What I call a result. Well done

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #17   IP: 92.41.183.121
Old 27-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Cheers,Rob,still left a nasty feeling though,was doing exactly the same job,but on the books with a plant firm rather than agency last year,no probs then,some agency 'consultants' lol think they can say/do what they want,and unfortunately the companies that employ these people to find staff for them don't care whats done or said,worked for some who were ok,but can count them on fingers of.....one finger lol