The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Technical Q&A

#11   IP: 178.167.195.211
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM

Default Re: Tacho cable for 88 3CX

Hi Aiden, if you could PM me where to get the cable it'd be great, seemingly I can only PM admins now cos I haven't enough posts on the forum..
Thanks again,
S
  #12   IP: 90.196.146.14
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcspud View Post
I can only PM admins now cos I haven't enough posts on the forum..
Thats a deliberate management ploy to make you stick around and have more fun

I know its frustrating when you are waiting for something, like watching the kettle boil when gagging for a brew but be sure cps will get back to you, he's just lucky to be a very busy chap and we all know its the work that pays the bills.

Rotation excavation across the Nation.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #13   IP: 178.167.195.211
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM

Ha! I suppose so! I was going to go to a few old threads and rack up some posts to hit the 10 mark, buy figured it wouldn't be in the spirit of the restriction...

But yeah your right, it's frustrating to know a long sought part is soo close, and even worse to have the dash in the machine lifted in waiting for it!!!

I suppose I should try distract myself and finish off some niggling wiring issues while I'm waiting, but never the less I'd like to get the tacho cable ordered... Good complaint to be busy tho!!!!
  #14   IP: 90.196.146.14
Old 06-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
I was going to go to a few old threads and rack up some posts to hit the 10 mark, buy figured it wouldn't be in the spirit of the restriction...
It would not be a problem a few have done it with good reason.
Folk like yourself soon show if you are a genuine forum user.

Its the "one time" look at me and what I have to advertise visitors that generally get short thrift and its because of them that genuine vistors have to put up with a few restrictions.

Enjoy, and dont forget pictures of your project along with comments on how you may have got around a problem are always welcome and add to the knowledge base for others to benefit from.
There are not many who know it all and definetly non on here so we can all learn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #15   IP: 92.251.141.180
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 PM

Hi again guys, just giving my thread a bump, hope I'm not being a pest, but if any of you know where I can get this tacho cable from a spurious part seller (Jcb are too expensive) I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks again..
S
  #16   IP: 178.167.224.148
Old 18-04-2012, 10:54 AM

Well guys, had to finally but the dash back together, so I threw in the towel and bought the cable from JCB, I couldn't find it anywhere else cheaper.
I got screwed. 90euro incl vat.
Hard to know if it's worth it in an old machine, but it's done now anyway, it's working again.
cheers
S
  #17   IP: 178.109.203.226
Old 18-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Hard to know if it's worth it in an old machine, but it's done now anyway, it's working again.
That is a question that is often hard to answer until you've been and coughed up the reddys. You know deep down its worth it, it would have bugged the life out of you every time you ran the machine if it wasn't working.