The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Photos

#31   IP: 86.163.192.171
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Shiney counterweight !

thats fare enough but there are a lot better and more effective ways of sort a situation out like that,cos at the end of the day it'll come back one day to haunt you,if word spread that you did that sort of damage to someones machine,i dont think there would be many firms in your area or any area for that fact would dare take you or whoever on,no matter how good they are
  #32   IP: 81.152.112.226
Old 09-04-2012, 10:08 PM
Intendant of the Building

[QUOTE=podge1;53439]
Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post

i did ask it was meant to 18 and over time of time and a half after 39 hrs in turn i was getting 9.40 and to overtime big difference
be the same as if i hired u in for 30 and hr and gave u 16 or 17
18 .....
  #33   IP: 188.223.245.233
Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Provost and Judge

I got buggered about by an employer about 20 years ago. Promised 7PH, self employed, got paid 4.50 as I was on "30 day trial". after 4 weeks there was "no work" for a week, then the trial would start again, this continued for eight months, (on the plus side I got 25 bonus for Christmas) I continued to look at alternative employment after I figured out what was going on. The country was in recession at the time, hence sticking it out for 8 months. I left as soon as a new job came along, I worked a weeks notice and didn't even get my last weeks pay.

About a year later, I was snow shifting with a 3CX, and one of the roads I was clearing just happened to be the main road, going past my ex employers house, around the back of his house were his car, lorry and Toyota Hi-Lux pickup, parked up.

Have a guess where all the snow off the main road ended up. 2 weeks later nothing had moved from his drive as the snow was still there.
  #34   IP: 86.172.113.89
Old 09-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Provost and Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I got buggered about by an employer about 20 years ago. Promised 7PH, self employed, got paid 4.50 as I was on "30 day trial". after 4 weeks there was "no work" for a week, then the trial would start again, this continued for eight months, (on the plus side I got 25 bonus for Christmas) I continued to look at alternative employment after I figured out what was going on. The country was in recession at the time, hence sticking it out for 8 months. I left as soon as a new job came along, I worked a weeks notice and didn't even get my last weeks pay.

About a year later, I was snow shifting with a 3CX, and one of the roads I was clearing just happened to be the main road, going past my ex employers house, around the back of his house were his car, lorry and Toyota Hi-Lux pickup, parked up.

Have a guess where all the snow off the main road ended up. 2 weeks later nothing had moved from his drive as the snow was still there.
well u got him back without beating up his machines
  #35   IP: 92.251.138.232
Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
thats fare enough but there are a lot better and more effective ways of sort a situation out like that,cos at the end of the day it'll come back one day to haunt you,if word spread that you did that sort of damage to someones machine,i dont think there would be many firms in your area or any area for that fact would dare take you or whoever on,no matter how good they are
never been haunted by it so far was meant to start back with my old boss last week but couldn due to exams in college and that
[QUOTE=Turtle590;53460]
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge1 View Post

18 .....
18euros so a bit less than 18 pounds
  #36   IP: 194.46.103.4
Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Mite come back to haunt you now after posting it up on the Internet. Hope your employer doesnt look in here from time to time and get wind of it.
  #37   IP: 86.163.192.171
Old 10-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

haha thats just what i was thinking
  #38   IP: 195.93.21.72
Old 10-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

I like the snow story. What gets me is how stupid govnors can be. Knocking a man for his pay is just not cricket. Opens up all kinds or retaliatory possibilities. Sometimes in the past i have paid an operator more than he is due when i know he is leaving for another firm. Many don't contact me as they just don't ... you short change them as see just how long it takes for the phone to ring..... Had one guy leave once and he had the decentcy to call me to inform me we'd paid him too much, I said " oh thats your new rate " two weeks later he calls office looking for work as his new job folded.... as i didn't rate him as an operator we had no vacancies.!!
One thing i despise is no contact when someone walks out. Have even had guys never collect their last weeks pay. No notice even from self employed riles me too. Held a blokes money back many years ago after a guy dissapeared, next thing i got was a solicitors letter chasing payment, feeling agreeved i hit them with a conseqential looses bill of double his pay .... no reply. I am fair so I expect others to be fair with me.
  #39   IP: 2.102.42.231
Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Knight of the East

[QUOTE=podge1;53469]never been haunted by it so far was meant to start back with my old boss last week but couldn due to exams in college and that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle590 View Post

18euros so a bit less than 18 pounds
18 euros,

putting 5700 Hrs on a 740,

driving a D8

and a cat 345

But still doing exams
I'm I missing something??????????

Paul.

If you can't buy it build it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #40   IP: 178.167.161.177
Old 10-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Perfect Master

[QUOTE=mogman;53493]
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge1 View Post
never been haunted by it so far was meant to start back with my old boss last week but couldn due to exams in college and that

18 euros,

putting 5700 Hrs on a 740,

driving a D8

and a cat 345

But still doing exams
I'm I missing something??????????

Paul.
missing nothing pal im 30 so being around the block
construction took a nose dive here in ireland and very little reliable work at it atm.
last summer i was working for a company and due to weather being bad spend more time at home without pay so i looked for a course to do choose one and am doing it since.
hope to get back on a machine for the summer but in september to go back and do my leaving cert as i see construction dead for a few yrs here