The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Vintage & Classic Equipment

#11   IP: 86.155.171.81
Old 14-07-2018, 11:34 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Please identify kubota

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble View Post
Yes a blow torch also works! I used to use a gas lance to begin with but that set up takes away oxygen the life blood of the engine. I also nearly set fire to my 3c2, so I came up with the hot air gun idea instead. It's clean safe and it never fails no matter how cold.
Well V8! how do I free up the the tensioner assembly???
got any pix Boyo .... I am not familiar with the m/c or set up .... then i'll see about applying my mind to the problem
  #12   IP: 86.128.99.60
Old 18-07-2018, 10:15 AM

A bit of news! I was chatting to a guy a couple of days ago in my yard when he noticed the Kubota. I explained the work in hand regarding the track tensioners and he told me that he was plant engineer many years ago, my ears pricked up he soon showed me how to remove the tracks and told me to spray diesel into the mechanism and leave to soak and get right into the seized area.
Yep..... this made my day folks, so I'll soon be onto the job.
Thanks for the input on here guys.
  #13   IP: 109.146.190.216
Old 19-07-2018, 01:09 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumble View Post
A bit of news! I was chatting to a guy a couple of days ago in my yard when he noticed the Kubota. I explained the work in hand regarding the track tensioners and he told me that he was plant engineer many years ago, my ears pricked up he soon showed me how to remove the tracks and told me to spray diesel into the mechanism and leave to soak and get right into the seized area.
Yep..... this made my day folks, so I'll soon be onto the job.
Thanks for the input on here guys.
I'd be following that up with some Plusgas ..... bloody marvelous release oil ..... but can be hard to find these days