The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6481   IP: 209.93.206.164
Old 29-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

The company are good suppliers. I go through between 30 and 50 bulk bags a month and this is who I get them from.
I use a frame made out of pvc pipe and construction kit corners from a lot called IXI supplies. They also do clips to hold the bag in place. The only down side is if you hit them with the bucket the joints break! Wooden frame and some big spring clips would do the job if you don’t need to keep breaking them down to move it.
Graham
  #6482   IP: 213.205.242.160
Old 29-04-2018, 09:56 PM
Perfect Master

Can’t you just use the IBC cages? The holes/gaps aren’t that big surely - it looks like you are stacking the logs anyway (as opposed to chucking in loose) so should be able to fill securely making use of the existing cage structure I’d have thought? Defo bin the plastic tank if you want to dry/store timber IMO (perhaps cut the top off and retain as a cover).
  #6483   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 29-04-2018, 11:37 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
The company are good suppliers. I go through between 30 and 50 bulk bags a month and this is who I get them from.
I use a frame made out of pvc pipe and construction kit corners from a lot called IXI supplies. They also do clips to hold the bag in place. The only down side is if you hit them with the bucket the joints break! Wooden frame and some big spring clips would do the job if you don’t need to keep breaking them down to move it.
Graham
thanks for the recommendation Gra .... nice to know who you're dealing with

was thinking along the lines of maybe a 12mm round bar frame on legs with the bags clipped on to keep 'em open and upright .... but maybe a metal conduit frame'd be better .. can get 3 way corners for that stuff and got a threading m/c some where in amongst all me stuff ............... if i can remember WTF it is ......

or....

perhaps just 4 road spike type things suitably hammered into the deck and clip the loops to them

cheers, you're a star
  #6484   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 29-04-2018, 11:42 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeybusiness View Post
Can’t you just use the IBC cages? The holes/gaps aren’t that big surely - it looks like you are stacking the logs anyway (as opposed to chucking in loose) so should be able to fill securely making use of the existing cage structure I’d have thought? Defo bin the plastic tank if you want to dry/store timber IMO (perhaps cut the top off and retain as a cover).
the holes are about 7" square IIRC MB so yeh, 'spose they'd make reasonable supports for stacked blocks - I stack 'em tidy to get the max into 'em

using the tops as a cover is also a good idea too ..... the issue is disposing of the tanks really .... make good 'bins' for stone storage though, sat on a pallet
  #6485   IP: 94.12.128.180
Old 29-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Sublime Master Elected

cant see why a hole saw through the tank wouldnt work just fine
  #6486   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 29-04-2018, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
cant see why a hole saw through the tank wouldnt work just fine
you reckon it'd provide enough ventilation Mart ? I am talking ...plenty of holes ... every where, including the bottom .... easy enough to do
Plus it's ALWAYS blowing like hell here ... very rare to have a still day
  #6487   IP: 94.12.128.180
Old 30-04-2018, 12:03 AM
Sublime Master Elected

yes plenty holes get good air flow
  #6488   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 02-05-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
yes plenty holes get good air flow
cheers Mart .... my thoughts too ...

sorry for slow response ... not been great since the day out Monday.

I'm claustrophobic and the 'smarty tube' is never my favorite place to spend a good hour getting magnetised , clamped motionless , head in a 'vice'

Not supposed to affect you , but felt like shit when I came out of it .. "beam me up Scotty" would've been far preferable to the 50+ mile drive home

Anyone who knows me through FB will also know that I had a senior moment and went to the wrong bloody hospital first ...
all the paperwork came from the Heath, where I normally go and assumed the Llandough MRI suite was the name of the dept. .... not a completely different site, t'other side of Caerrrrrrdiff !!
Got there with 5 min.s to spare, after arriving at the Heath with an hour in hand .... Both UHW places ..... just separated by a city

I'll know next time ... been down roads I ain't driven in 30 years, Monday !!!!
  #6489   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 02-05-2018, 07:49 PM

Birthday girl yesterday .... hard to believe where the years have gone ... she was a young school girl, when I first met her and suddenly she's 32 with a little girl of very her own !!!

WTF did the last 19 years go ????

got the last of the last load blocked up and split this afternoon ...

bit more tidying up and got the ol' burning bin on the job, disposing of all the crud ...

it's gonna be some vented bags for now I think ... get this lot sorted and stacked away ....

then maybe a few more loads, just to have a 'bit in hand' ...... save doing it again for a while ...... plus I got an oak to come down and get the treatment too ... once it dries out again ... jeez did we have a wild night, last night .. chairs, pots and all sorts, everywhere this morning !!
  #6490   IP: 213.205.253.109
Old 02-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Secret Master

ibc.jpg

What this idea for IBCs