The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6781   IP: 86.136.10.86
Old 24-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Just what you need, a fire to add a bit of extra heat.
Graham
...... should've seen the bugger the night before Gra ..... surplus undergrowth / shrubbery / anything in the way of the bucket .... has to have it

was bloody hot that was !!

Be a few more yet, too !!

#6782   IP: 86.136.10.86
Old 24-07-2018, 11:09 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

'nother day to myself ..... and cracking on ..... well I was 'til Sparty puss appeared ... all stop, bucket down and get him in the cab!!

getting down to 'a level' finally

top layer is all 'block stone' ... mudstone again under it .... a lot of block to come out yet ! Better go get a load of pallets !!

but running out of space to pile it all .... more than enough to trim off a level where needed so decided this morning that some - a lot - had to go, so been loading out most of the afternoon and tramping it up to me neighbour's stone stock pile in his field

Chatting with him last weekend at his kid's birthday party and he's over the moon with the pile .... "keep it coming" was his expression ...

Last edited by V8Druid; 24-07-2018 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo
  #6783   IP: 86.136.10.86
Old 24-07-2018, 11:23 PM

..... happy to oblige .. backwards is the only sensible way down here, with pushing 7-8 ton of rock in the skip

getting it up on the heap can be 'exciting' ..... that doesn't look much of a heap with the dumper sat on it ... it is though!!!!

gotsta be 9 or 10 ft high ....

the Thwaites is a big lump

if next doors hadn't pissed me off, this'd made a hell of a nice shed base/hard-standing area for his gear .... and'd been a bloody sight closer !!!!
  #6784   IP: 86.136.10.86
Old 24-07-2018, 11:30 PM

tea time ..... 'bout half seven tonight ..... back from the last one of the day .. would've done another hour or so ..... but I was bloody starving !!

still a lot of 'block' to pull up

but the pile of stone and crush is diminishing ... IIRC about 10 or 11 loads this afters

reckon I can ship out most of the pile ... a lot more mudstone, under the block layer and most of it'll need ripping up

No fire tonight though Gra !!
  #6785   IP: 94.194.43.87
Old 25-07-2018, 05:55 PM
Perfect Master

Nice work there, loving your co pilot he looks a real personality, We have four cats and they boss he Labrador around all of the time, I havent been on here for a few weeks been making the most of this dry weather, Sold my 89 3CX and have just paid for a very nice Late 95 Ford 655D Turbo only done 4800 hours and is really tight no play in the back end or steering so looking forward to getting it back here to use, Still have my Fermec 860 which busy helping with rebuilding our round pen so can't bring myself to advertise it and the wife hasn't complained that there are too many diggers here (happy days)
  #6786   IP: 86.157.233.142
Old 25-07-2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
Nice work there, loving your co pilot he looks a real personality, We have four cats and they boss he Labrador around all of the time, I havent been on here for a few weeks been making the most of this dry weather, Sold my 89 3CX and have just paid for a very nice Late 95 Ford 655D Turbo only done 4800 hours and is really tight no play in the back end or steering so looking forward to getting it back here to use, Still have my Fermec 860 which busy helping with rebuilding our round pen so can't bring myself to advertise it and the wife hasn't complained that there are too many diggers here (happy days)
cheers TK ..... I try !! .... getting there slowly !

Oh aye ..... he's a personality alright .... damned near human !!

he's been a right lil' bugger this afternoon ....

In/out, in/out - I'll just lie here / there / here - where-ever

put him something to lie on in the hope he'd stay put

nope .. "I'll just lie here instead"

he's been on my lap, on the floor, under my feet, sat behind the seat, sat on my shoulders ..... laid on the deck of the machine - front / back, on top of the tool locker .. he has been everywhere today !!

Yer Ford sounds like a good buy mate ... Rory's a big fan of the Fords
  #6787   IP: 94.194.43.87
Old 25-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Perfect Master

Lol i love it, He is clearly not a spoilt cat! I will post some pics a soon as the Ford arrives, i have never had one of these a couple of years ago i had a NewHolland that was nice although it was not a Turbo engine, We will see how it goes first job will be moving the muck heap.
  #6788   IP: 86.157.233.142
Old 25-07-2018, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
Lol i love it, He is clearly not a spoilt cat! I will post some pics a soon as the Ford arrives, i have never had one of these a couple of years ago i had a NewHolland that was nice although it was not a Turbo engine, We will see how it goes first job will be moving the muck heap.
"spoilt"!!!! ..... nah ... he cost me a bloody fortune when he was 18 months old ... has had a full back end rebuild ... both hips wired, pinned and screwed and his lower rear, right leg completely rebuilt.

you'd never know, apart from a few small scars .... we were very lucky to have one of the country's top orthopedic veterinary surgeons practicing quite locally.

the bill how-ever was

Look forward to the pix Boyo
  #6789   IP: 94.12.135.39
Old 25-07-2018, 11:17 PM
Sublime Master Elected

fords a good machine tk had one myself for a few years get a lot more for your money than the equivelent jake flat face couplings on pipes were hard to get at short notice but apart from that no problems .your getting there now gra time to measure up for the shed soon
  #6790   IP: 86.157.233.142
Old 25-07-2018, 11:33 PM

last but one load, from yon pile, ready to depart ....

a pretty fair heap up there .....

kept the last one - still in the dumper ATM ... in case I want/need it ...
and set about getting it squared up, with what was left on the floor

still got a lot more mudstone to rip out in places, so might not need said load.... but yer never know??

looking a bit more like it ....