The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#2171   IP: 86.135.103.192
Old 05-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
safe as houses Gra - 'Drema has a 6.6 tonne lift capacity at that rad./height, or you put a bit o' weight on recently

Attachment 24812

AQ = 360 on stabilisers
F = 360 FOW
AL = in line with chassis on stabilisers
you forget the human element that's involved not controlled from the basket , so its a no from me

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2172   IP: 86.186.125.122
Old 05-07-2015, 03:12 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4c24a View Post
you forget the human element that's involved not controlled from the basket , so its a no from me
Yeh - know what you're saying Gra - I'd wanna be bloody confident in who's in the seat to get me in it too.
I've spent a lot of time in crane man-baskets, at the mercy of my operators below, so understand where you're coming from

With some practice in her first, I'd probably sit in, with most of the regulars here, at the controls.
  #2173   IP: 90.199.38.14
Old 05-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Yeh - know what you're saying Gra - I'd wanna be bloody confident in who's in the seat to get me in it too.
I've spent a lot of time in crane man-baskets, at the mercy of my operators below, so understand where you're coming from

With some practice in her first, I'd probably sit in, with most of the regulars here, at the controls.

Be careful Gra.. I pass through Pandy everyday and would happily give you a test drive in the basket
  #2174   IP: 86.148.193.23
Old 05-07-2015, 04:32 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:

We'll all be queuing at the door Gra , to put you up to full height! You could sell tickets!

On a serious note, have you got a harness for Mrs D? If not for gods sake get one! As had been said its not safe enough for some of us, and if we are all honest it would be very frowned upon in today's HSE world! But we've all made up things that arnt exactly by the book, and if you are confident in your work and ability on the Dreama then fair play to you, but be careful mate,it looks a long way down from up there!

Think we can safely say it's not an attachment that will catch on
  #2175   IP: 81.2.93.37
Old 05-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Not just a harness, but an escape plan if something should go kaput and strand the damn thing up in the air! You may have to teach her how to abseil...
  #2176   IP: 81.158.91.102
Old 05-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

I dare say Grahs handy with the Gas Axe. He'd have her down in a Jiffy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #2177   IP: 86.186.125.122
Old 05-07-2015, 07:32 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBJZ145 View Post
Be careful Gra.. I pass through Pandy everyday and would happily give you a test drive in the basket
'An you never come an' have a cuppa? ......... I'm mortified
Welcome anytime Boyo.
Where you heading on the 465 then, to put you through Pandy everyday??

Might just take you up on that ......... what yer like in a machine!!! LOL!!
  #2178   IP: 86.113.6.35
Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
'An you never come an' have a cuppa? ......... I'm mortified
Welcome anytime Boyo.
Where you heading on the 465 then, to put you through Pandy everyday??

Might just take you up on that ......... what yer like in a machine!!! LOL!!
Lol put the mast and arm up he might spot you lol
  #2179   IP: 86.186.125.122
Old 05-07-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
We'll all be queuing at the door Gra , to put you up to full height! You could sell tickets!

On a serious note, have you got a harness for Mrs D? If not for gods sake get one! As had been said its not safe enough for some of us, and if we are all honest it would be very frowned upon in today's HSE world! But we've all made up things that arnt exactly by the book, and if you are confident in your work and ability on the Dreama then fair play to you, but be careful mate,it looks a long way down from up there!

Think we can safely say it's not an attachment that will catch on
Tickets hmmm! Now there's a money spinning idea

Plenty of harnesses Boyo - 3 or 4 full and IIRC two belts, although they're frowned on these days, I used to much prefer 'em for steel climbing!

Totally agree with all the rest - certainly couldn't get away with it anywhere else, without a lorralorra testing etc. -
Checks on all rams, 'cept crowd, but with it up, the bracket is damned near against the dipper for a vertical orientation, so could go no-where. Pipes are good on the crowd and the safety would always be in with this on board

My work will stick the pace and some !

The 'Drema's like a rock on the deck with the stab.s down and to date hasn't missed a beat - touch wood.

Oh an' careful's one o' my middle names James!! I'm often accused of being over cautious
  #2180   IP: 86.186.125.122
Old 05-07-2015, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I dare say Grahs handy with the Gas Axe. He'd have her down in a Jiffy
PMSL Rory, but not without enough ear-ache to last two lifetimes!!