The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6681   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 22-06-2018, 06:39 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by pond digger View Post
Nice sander there Gra

Grinder, grinder, grinder,GRINDER

So how much is a new one?
'Nother one for you Chris ... this is it's third listing with no bids on any of 'em.

looking at the crap on the floor around it and the state of the belt it's had a bit more than the "used a handful of times" description ..... but these will go on for donkey's ....
'Spect mine were 12-14 yrs old when they went ..... used constantly, daily and still ran like the proverbial Swiss watch

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kepp-Belt...4383.l4275.c10
  #6682   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 23-06-2018, 11:48 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

I've had a looong couple of days ....Shem and Co. arrived Thursday evening, which was nice.
Shem not sleeping all Thursday night wasn't so good ..... especially as he kept most of the rest of us awake with him ..... well me anyway and his mum ... Pam slept like the dead and his dad managed most of the night too.
Josh was off on his mate's 'stag' weekend Friday (he's best man), so after a shopping expedition for provisions to feed seventeen of 'em for the weekend, he departed.
Beautiful day so the rest of us, including Clara and her mum went out to a very clever piece of 'farm diversification' 'bout 10 miles away.

Fair play to them they have it sussed ..... bloody sight easier than mucking out and milking.

lots of kiddies play areas, pedal go karts and track, zip wires, swings, trampolines, bouncy castles, loads of 'playground type' equipment, cafe, climbing frames, ball pits, squidgy soft equipment, you name it they had it sussed ...

kept the kids (and Pam) amused for hours .... that and a picnic, plus all the animals to feed ......

I have to say I was impressed ... well organised, sensibly priced and an all in one, everything in job!!

I was less impressed when, by about eight in the evening, my 'hayfever' type allergy (we have no idea of specific triggers for it) had gone sub orbital.
Worst I've had in maybe two years!!
Had to be something there, which set it off, but was getting through the toilet rolls at a rate of knots and sod all of me various med.s was touching it.

yet another virtually sleepless night for me - sneezing, sniffing, snorting, snozz blowing all night, barely able to breathe !!

I was wrecked this morning, but it had abated to a degree ... a small degree.

My mate's funeral at three and I'm bearing ... "see how I am by the time we get there Pam" really not wanting to cry off, on the duty.

I swear to you guys .... I walked into that church yard and was like I'd never had an issue ...... clear as a bell, head totally sorted!!!! Not a sniffle, all the time we were there.!!!!!!!
  #6683   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old Yesterday, 12:15 AM

Mart arrived in style, bang on three ...... to about five hundred or so friends and family waiting to 'see him off'.

was either gonna be this, or the bonnet of a County; he'd been a timber man most of his working life, in one form or another, and was the bollox on a County, hauling timber out of some pretty inaccessible/ridiculous spots round here, with his own machine.
We settled on this ... damned near new, relatively clean and Mart had been admiring it only a few days before his accident.

His last 'flight' / off load (Courtesy of a Kesla and a brand new Cranab)

before we carried him in ........ and back out an hour or so later, to a 12 footer

It's been a ****ing long couple of days !!!!
  #6684   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old Yesterday, 12:31 AM

........and the nose ........ has been a right PITFA the rest of the afternoon and evening ......
Make of that, what you will ..... me, well I really don't know, but I got to carry my oldest friend, as he'd have wanted, shoulder high, with five other of our mutual friends

Last edited by V8Druid; Yesterday at 12:52 AM. Reason: typo
  #6685   IP: 86.175.71.50
Old Yesterday, 08:00 AM
Knight of the East and West

He’ll be right tickled with that Gra, a fine send off, but I’ll bet he’d rather have been in the grab, than hanging from it

We did similar for my dads cousin, over ten years ago now, he’d been in haulage for decades, he went to church on the back of his newest wagon, luckily we knew someone in the trade who got his hands on the rolling deck out of the back of a hearse, which had been made to fold, and could be used for such occasions. But I had to make a frame that bolted to the truck to take it. I have to say, it was only a simple box section frame, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to make, emotional is not the word! Many tears shed when I did that. FFS I’m crying now.....

Sad times mate, but at least you have good memories to keep.
  #6686   IP: 165.120.92.243
Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
Knight of the East and West

Aye, a proper send off.
  #6687   IP: 109.151.49.142
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
He’ll be right tickled with that Gra, a fine send off, but I’ll bet he’d rather have been in the grab, than hanging from it

We did similar for my dads cousin, over ten years ago now, he’d been in haulage for decades, he went to church on the back of his newest wagon, luckily we knew someone in the trade who got his hands on the rolling deck out of the back of a hearse, which had been made to fold, and could be used for such occasions. But I had to make a frame that bolted to the truck to take it. I have to say, it was only a simple box section frame, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to make, emotional is not the word! Many tears shed when I did that. FFS I’m crying now.....

Sad times mate, but at least you have good memories to keep.
Indeed James .... and yes, I think he'd have been well chuffed with his arrival.

I felt very uncomfortable, taking those couple of pix, but did it mainly for his wife and brother. I really hope that someone got some better ones for them.

No question, he had a great send off and one he'd have been proud of !

head hit the pillow last night and I was gone ..... been unconscious for nine hours ... I never get that much sleep and feeling a lot less 'zombie like' for it.

Pam's got a 'family party' day organised, kicking off early afternoon, to celebrate her 'elderly farmer' cousins 80th .... if the ol' bugger shows up...he knows now't about it and his bro will be bringing him on the pretext of a quick cuppa at Pam's

it was going to be lunch at a local 'eatery' he likes, but the 10 days notice wasn't enough for his busy diary and no-one could make it the following w/end, so they're all descending on us, 'bout half two.

Gonna be a.n.other long-ish day