The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Non-Industry Chat

#1   IP: 86.128.54.254
Old 29-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Default Fkn Weather

Well it's been wet since January. We've 3 large landscaping/roadbuilding jobs to do, A muckshift and Two driveways to dig out before the end of next month, Won't be getting done unless it fkn dries up

Edit - Found a old thread.... http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....ght=amphibious

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."

Last edited by JD450A; 29-03-2018 at 09:08 PM.
  #2   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 30-03-2018, 12:07 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Fkn Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
Well it's been wet since January. We've 3 large landscaping/roadbuilding jobs to do, A muckshift and Two driveways to dig out before the end of next month, Won't be getting done unless it fkn dries up

Edit - Found a old thread.... http://www.ceforum.co.uk/showthread....ght=amphibious
that about sums it up Rory ...... and we ain't had a dry week, to speak of, since last July here ...... at least, not dry enough to track my 6T thwaites into me tip field the ground is absolutely sodden
  #3   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 30-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Intimate Secretary

Dried up here last weekend Monday was just about fir to start digging then it rained and rained,feckin cold rain.
  #4   IP: 90.254.28.235
Old 30-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Intendant of the Building

Its got to of been one of the worst winters I can remember for years now. Just doesn't seem to want to give up. I keep putting jobs back as I don't want to make a muddy mess and cost myself more in reinstatement but I'm running out of other things to do!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 30-03-2018, 10:42 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
Its got to of been one of the worst winters I can remember for years now. Just doesn't seem to want to give up. I keep putting jobs back as I don't want to make a muddy mess and cost myself more in reinstatement but I'm running out of other things to do!
I'll concur with that ...... been unbelievably wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoffcruddle View Post
Dried up here last weekend Monday was just about fir to start digging then it rained and rained,feckin cold rain.
aye ... lulled us all into a false sense hope (and got a little done) ........ then came back with a vengeance ..... next week's forecast looks atrocious
Is it ever going to stop, or is this our new 'reality'??
  #6   IP: 81.147.100.200
Old 30-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Is it ever going to stop, or is this our new 'reality'??
Don't worry someone will be mentioning drought and hose pipe bans in month or 2
  #7   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 30-03-2018, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
Don't worry someone will be mentioning drought and hose pipe bans in month or 2
Hah !! They wouldn't dare .......... would they
  #8   IP: 82.30.1.218
Old 30-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Grand Master Architect

I am not one to moan to much about weather but even i am sick of the bloody rain. At my yard we are on a farm and the ground is horrible as theres no drainage really. We have been working around swamp conditions since long before Christmas. The couple of nice days we have had really made me appreciate the sun. Its also pretty cold for this time of year

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #9   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 30-03-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regy53 View Post
I am not one to moan to much about weather but even i am sick of the bloody rain. At my yard we are on a farm and the ground is horrible as theres no drainage really. We have been working around swamp conditions since long before Christmas. The couple of nice days we have had really made me appreciate the sun. Its also pretty cold for this time of year
"Swamp" just about describes the ground ATM Ross and the cold is pretty severe, for as you say, this time of year.
Good job it's keeping the grass growth at bay ... too bloody wet to have to mow any; 'til it dries significantly

Think everyone has had a real gutsful of this winter
  #10   IP: 206.45.252.149
Old 30-03-2018, 06:14 PM
Knight of the East and West

Damn environmental extremists turn off all the coal power plants and now its cold again. We had one really nice sunny day got up to 8 degrees celsius here. And this morning its -13 degrees celsius burn some tires and coal people we need our global warming!