The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7511   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:52 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

and one very grubby little girl ... she had a whale of a time .. and now wants to take them home ....... I've got some smaller stuff ... 2" tube is a bit big for little hands to grip ... so she might get a few frame sections, as it's only sat about ATM ... I'm sure 'mummy' will manage to put a few together for her.

When I commented about how I'd be in trouble when 'mummy' saw how grubby she'd gotten ... she said
" It's ok .. Mummy'll just put it in the washing machine " she's pretty switched on for four, fair play

been a mega day here today ... cloudless, azure sky, most of the day, until later on .. and some bit hot ... bit of tree slaughtering for the boss first thing ... bloody scrubby blackthorn invading us from the field next door, so they got a serious talking to with the 4ft loppers .... trimmed the lawn later .. amazed to get 2/3rds of a collector off it ..

and when it'd cooled down a bit - but not a lot and I'd had a shower, after the head got a no. 3 and the beard a no. 2 ... had an hour giving the bag lifter a coat ..

and that's been about it for the day ... been melting for most of it ...... see we have a serious shower forecast for Wed.s
  #7512   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 03-06-2020, 11:50 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

1-6-2020

not had the greatest of afternoons ... Hamster juice time this morning and turned my attention to me 7ft bucket after lunch

slung it out to the edge of me patch for a clean out

'fore setting about a tight pin, that I've not been able to get out since i had it ...

cleaned the end of the pin off carefully with a good file and was sure it was circular and devoid of burrs, from what were obviously previous attempts (mostly other's I hasten to add) and set about it with a sledge ... got it moving back and fore 1/2", but no further .... so .... dragged out me 10t press, stood said bucket on end and set up the press ..

was getting deflection between the cheeks so added a spacer

and a couple of wedges for extra umph ... still no go, further than this ..
  #7513   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 03-06-2020, 11:53 PM

'bout eleven mil ...

so reversed the set up .... to try and get yon pin back to where I started ...and added several lots of Ice to the top of the pin to try and chill it a bit

no movement back

so with the pin still pretty cool went back to trying to get the damned thing out .

with a few wedges for extra umph .. again
  #7514   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 03-06-2020, 11:57 PM

and that's where it's sat tonight ... pumped up full bollox ...

just been out and given the pump a few more pumps ... 'til it relieved ... it's moved about a mil., since tea time - now midnight !!

well pissed off with this .... have spent hours and gotten virtually no-where ..... heat treatment tomorrow .. not that I really want to, but the only other alternative is to slit the boss(es) with a thin disc, but they'll take some sorting after

only upside of the day was a great sunset ...

t'other pin came out sweet as !!
  #7515   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 04-06-2020, 12:02 AM

well I gave up with b'stard, yesterday ... had had the press on it all night and hadn't budged ..

well almost ... knocked the pin back in with the sledge, after i'd laid it back down

didn't take a lot either
so picked it into the shade

and gave the end of the pin a going over with the die grinder ..

and it STILL wouldn't go any further with me BIG sledge ...... reckon this has had a serious 'dubbing' at some time in its life ... or it's 'picked up' but i had had enough .. bigger tools required

so it got a coat of 'not so ..... ' and put aside
  #7516   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 04-06-2020, 12:04 AM

Me mate Simon rang shortly after looking to blag some 50mm BDMS ... been let down with a delivery and was in dire need to make up a shaft for one of his brother's machines, crucial to production .....

..... had some here so he headed my way .. with a detour to the boys in Raglan, who'd rung to say me seals'd arrived

Simon got 'quarantined on the lawn for a cuppa ... and these got quarantined on me bench, 'til this afters ..
Bag lifter got a 'flight' back to ....

.... its usual home ... from the bench, as I needed the space ...
to park this on whilst it got cleaned and tarted

#7517   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 04-06-2020, 12:09 AM

'fore getting parked with t'other gear,

so's I could take the head off it for some boss welding and cleaning, 'fore it too gets a coat of shinier tish

peeing down here all day and bloody cold with it ... the drop from 25 to 8C was 'noticeable' today .. these got let out the bag this afternoon

and installed in the cylinder cap ..... took some getting in the thick 'un did .... but in it went .. and the rod went back together .. indoors!!

followed by its mate .. the cylinder

had to blow the end cap back out against the spring ring clip, which was also a right bar steward to get back in it's 'domicile' was some spring ring !!
  #7518   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 04-06-2020, 12:10 AM

's all hung up drying this evening ...

a noticeable difference in drying times at 8C .... this stuff's second coat dry in an hour at 24C ... not today it wasn't
drier tomorrow - apparently, but not massively warmer ... should have the Cranab back together tomorrow
  #7519   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 06-06-2020, 07:39 PM

well yesterday was a socially distanced birthday lunch ........... us indoors and Clara and co. outside the rear french doors ... too windy on the patio

it'd been 'kin cool here yesterday .. 30mph winds .. sun'd been lovely, but getting out of the wind had been 'tricky' ... sod's law after all the nice weather ... and then it pee-ed down for 5 minutes, just as we'd finished

Clara doesn't seem to mind, whatever the weather, as long as she gets to see us ..

#7520   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 06-06-2020, 07:42 PM

you ain't seen these

the other 60 candles wouldn't fit on the cake LOL ... and Clara'd have no chance of putting them out ....... without an extinguisher !!

first time anyone's been through the doors in eleven weeks ... besides us and the cats

hell that little girl is growing fast ........ I wannacuddle ... while I can still pick her up