The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7521   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 06-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

well this stayed hung up the other way, the other day, after a second coat of shiny tish ..

and I turned my attention to some bosses ..

wonderful things, flap wheels

cleaned/de-burred the centre too ..

and laid some hot stick down around the bosses ..... followed by some Druid gold

yesterday, now't got did ... don't usually eat much at lunch time, so was burgered after a belly full and the weather wasn't exactly conducive to doing a lot either ....
  #7522   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 06-06-2020, 07:49 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

not been much better today really ... blowing a hooley still and rain on/off .. but thought sod it ... slung the Cranab on the bench

and hauled the cylinder out......

........ to re-attach its plumbing

'fore juggling it back into spot ...

#7523   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 06-06-2020, 07:50 PM

put the ratchet strap back on it, 'til it's had some oil to keep it shut, when it gets 'lofted', greased up the pins ...

.. and tidied up just before it lashed it down again

and that was the end of play outside, for today ...
  #7524   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-06-2020, 12:25 AM

stuck me beam back together today ... after i'd recovered the roller, from a pile of stuff, that'd been dumped on top of it
dropped the pick up back on and greased the bosses

what you can't see are the inch spacers/packers under the beam, setting the roller an inch below the front edge/underside

it's variable from an inch below to a quarter inch below

then, having had to sort out extricating the roller, thought I'd get this out while I was at it
  #7525   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-06-2020, 12:27 AM

me other B20, six footer

for a good clean and some not so shiny tish

it really needs a new edge, but is solid enough ATM ..... it'll get one eventually ... once I'm 'allowed' deliveries

Got me favorite three foot Geith to do .... once I find somewhere to empty the damned thing of the various bits of conc. and hardcore that've accumulated in it the, last few months ... I have a spot in mind ... and weld up its bosses too, which're only tacked on ATM ......

then got all me 50mm VA-r buckets to tackle .....
the boss is much happier about 'em all looking tidier and not just rusty buckets
If I'd known, I'd have painted 'em ages ago, LOL, for a lot less ear ache .....
5 gallons of Hydrema yellow'd be handy too ..... and get the spray gun out
  #7526   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 09-06-2020, 12:41 AM

can always tell when tea time approaches ... my 'supervisor' arrives, watching and waiting for me to go down the house ... and feed him

Squeaky's 16lbs ... but eats less than my co-pilot .... who is half his size
  #7527   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 10-06-2020, 12:32 AM

whipped the adapter off the 3 footer, this morning and grabbed the six ...

easier to paint the underside, with it in the air, on the dipper ..

#7528   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 10-06-2020, 12:35 AM

and dropped it in the finished pile

then ..... emptied me favorite Geith ... into a small tip skip I have sat ... so's I could get some grey on the bulk of it ... 'fore it gets pissed on tonight and the next five days, if the forecast is to be believed

got the bosses to weld on yet ... and i can finish off the grey after ...

if we're having as much wetness as predicted, thought I'd better move the VA-r from where i'd sat it ... can get a bit wet where it was, if it's heavy/sustained enough to fill the drains ...

gonna need some more HBZP to get its buckets done though .... getting close to the bottom of the second 5 litre tin ... will have to see if Firwoods're working tomorrow ??
  #7529   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 11-06-2020, 11:40 PM

been a right sh*t day here ... indoors only day .. so painted a few bits that've been sat in the weather a while ... needed a fresh coat ...

did this 'un last night, in a dry spell, 'fore it really pee-ed down again

some'll remember what they're all off ..... perhaps?
  #7530   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 13-06-2020, 09:43 PM

stuck this back together yesterday ... between the deluges ... of which we have had a few

got the old die grinder out after, with the flap wheel and cleaned all the holes ready for some grease ... then finished off the shiny tish ....