The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#351   IP: 84.93.58.210
Old 14-02-2018, 10:00 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: So - an opinion - tiltys and prices !

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
Perhaps we could persuade Tom Lomax, at Exc@v8, out of hiding to give us all a review ... they look some tool IMHDO
I spoke to Tom about why he doesn't post, some time ago, and he said he had a problem with his password and couldn't get on and got no help from Julian so he had lost interest.
Graham
  #352   IP: 86.132.10.12
Old 14-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
I spoke to Tom about why he doesn't post, some time ago, and he said he had a problem with his password and couldn't get on and got no help from Julian so he had lost interest.
Graham
Thatís a bit of a t**t.
  #353   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 14-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebackblade View Post
Nice to have a debate on it, no doubt thereís a pent up demand out there for lower cost solutions and used units.

Hope a few switched on manufacturers realise that getting a few more circuits on their models really will make a lot of difference to end users and undoubtedly the cheapest place to fit them is at the factory.

I sincerely hope that all Tilty manufacturers who will undoubtedly be looking here, realise just how much education there still is to be done, and Iím certain Open Days plus more hands on type demoís are the way forward.

Anyone with half an interest, all I can say is the Sweden shows are really not that expensive to visit if you book early.
Always had a great time, they speak fantastic English, have so much time for people despite busy stands, and have plenty of kit you can actually operate.

Iíll be heading out myself this year and always come back with ideas. The contacts and prices you can get on things like Buckets are brilliant.👍

Eddie.
and for God's sake de-jargonise what they post ....
or at least explain exactly what each abbreviation means and / or what each of their specific designations refers to ....
for a while at least, until the uninitiated become familiar with them,
or have points of reference to refer back to perhaps ...
there will always be people striving to get their heads around the nuances and subtleties of tiltys
  #354   IP: 86.169.139.52
Old 15-02-2018, 12:12 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
sounds like you could be just the man to do a review then Boyo

looks to be some reach for a 6 tonner and enough plumbing to run a 10 pipe tilty !!!!!!!!

anyone hazard a guess on the cost of one ... or better still ... know?
50k 6 way blade 3 price boom 3 buckets and quickhitch I want one if any good at renewal time
  #355   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 15-02-2018, 12:16 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by left hooker View Post
50k 6 way blade 3 price boom 3 buckets and quickhitch I want one if any good at renewal time
Hero Lefty ..... you had a play at all?
  #356   IP: 86.169.139.52
Old 15-02-2018, 12:24 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Quote:
Hero Lefty ..... you had a play at all?
nah want one but wait nearer to change of machine time
  #357   IP: 86.169.139.52
Old 15-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Got full pdf file of machine if anyone wants a look pm me you email
  #358   IP: 81.151.174.184
Old 15-02-2018, 01:05 AM

http://www.eurocomach.com/es-60-tr.html

http://www.eurocomach.com/media/pdf/..._ES60TR_EN.pdf

32 page brochure
http://www.eurocomach.com/media/pdf/...5-6_TON_EN.pdf

Aux 1 & 2 on rollers on right plus VA too.
boom base/offset on roller on the left, plus an optional aux 3
and an option for a VA pedal, rather than the roller in the r/h stick

spoilt for choice on tilty options

make a nice stocking filler for next crimbo .... better start dropping hints
  #359   IP: 178.100.236.62
Old 15-02-2018, 07:38 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiffy View Post
Can they have different numbers of rollers on them amd do they have trigger buttons or rollers or is it all on thumbs
Thoose joysticks look like they could be quite a handful
In comparison to how the forestry harvester setups
Yes they can, there is a configurator set-up on the SVAB website and you can chose what options are best for you. There is an example on the left hand side of page one, but once logged in, you can customise what you want. I have the Mig2 but with the SVAB controller.

http://svab.se/download/en/products/...ormation_E.pdf

Last edited by komatsu; 15-02-2018 at 07:41 AM.
  #360   IP: 178.103.97.16
Old 15-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
Yes they can, there is a configurator set-up on the SVAB website and you can chose what options are best for you. There is an example on the left hand side of page one, but once logged in, you can customise what you want. I have the Mig2 but with the SVAB controller.

http://svab.se/download/en/products/...ormation_E.pdf
There is a configurator and once fitted itís very simple to choose which button/roller you are most comfortable with to do each function.

The really clever bit comes in when you switch attachments or even Operator. You can then choose what ĎBankí of settings you require from ABCD etc and each will bring up a pattern of controls setup for that machine configuration.

This can make a huge difference to not only the actual operating experience, but also what can actually be achieved in the controlling of attachment functions.

Despite having the L8 Joysticks which is my preference I havenít yet found a Joystick that Iím totally comfortable with. Why? Well I find it difficult at times to do what are up/down forward back motions with a roller that goes left/right.
Best example would be Blade Control, if the roller was vertical in the Joystick itís very easy to replicate up/down motion, but with a left/right roller youíre having something completely unnatural.

All said they are simply brilliant, have allowed me via John Craig to create some fantastic setups, and to give some idea, my latest attachment requires every motion of rollers/buttons on the L8 Joysticks apart from one button!
Keeps me on my toes!

Eddie.