The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#1   IP: 86.144.112.192
Old 12-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Grand Master Architect

Default Whats wrong with people

Im after a new 1m grader/ditching bucket for my ec18 volvo.my current harford bucket is well worm,getting thin on the bottom and cutting edge is thin and 40/50mm long.bit of play in the holes too.called harford Monday as they are not far away but they only supply through dealers or volvo.time dealer has a cut they are getting pricey.i said ill collect and pay but no they wont do it.put my grumble on fb and had several reccomendations and one commenter works for a company down the west country who said he would supply what i wanted with no hassles.got sent some pictures and the profile was exactly what i wanted.ive got a digbits grader that is near new but i dont like the profile with the cutting edge about 300mm foreward from main dipper pin when flat on the ground.anyway i said id contact the person and get an order in.this was monday.ive called three times and he is allways going to call back but doesent.contacted him on messenger last night and he promised he would call at 8 am today.ive heard nothing.is anyone reliable supplying stuff nowdays.the man is not as 'keen' as he should be.probably wait till plantworks now.no one seems to care about anything these days.rant over
Nick...
  #2   IP: 81.147.99.180
Old 12-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: Whats wrong with people

Encounter this every day of the week. It's getting to point where I buy only off those known to me and I don't even ask the price now as they just sort it or deliver it without hassle.....sometimes that's worth paying extra for.

I get my man to rebuild buckets and he's only marginally cheaper than new but f**k me we've never worn a rebuilt one out yet. And he rebuilds them to how I want them.
  #3   IP: 2.99.228.108
Old 12-05-2017, 09:13 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

It seems like everyone can't be bothered any more. How about Volvo themselves?
  #4   IP: 82.6.199.236
Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Give BMC a call there great to deal with and will build what you want.
  #5   IP: 95.150.117.24
Old 12-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Knight of the East

At least you didn't try and buy a Selector Grab with your machine from Liebherr!
70 Weeks and still not a serviceable grab delivered!

It is totally unbelievable from a company of their reputation.

Eddie.
  #6   IP: 86.144.112.192
Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Grand Master Architect

Im 99% certain the supplying dealer would have read my post on facebook but they cant be bothered either as im only a owner operator with one machine even though ive bought 3 excavators from them in the last 13/14 years i dont think they care either.sure it woukd be different if i ran a dizen machines
Nick...
  #7   IP: 31.49.119.206
Old 12-05-2017, 09:45 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamkav View Post
Give BMC a call there great to deal with and will build what you want.
plus one for BMC .... nice people to deal with and respond quickly
  #8   IP: 86.158.219.51
Old 12-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

I must say since my scuffle with digbits on Facebook last year and having had my heavily discounted bucket as recompensed I'd buy from them again.

CBL are pissing me off Atm regarding a 300+ hire bill for a roller that was off hired and they repeatedly failed to collect.... Having spoken to the man on the hire desk in person TWICE and being told TWICE... LAST MONTH! that he'd sort it I get a "Final Demand" in the post at the start of last week..... It won't take much from them to get the account closed down and i'll swap over to a different firm for our hired stuff.... Morris Leslie are cheaper anyway and it's almost certainly new gear.

I don't get any problems at all with the little local firms we deal with, and quite often I get a better price too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #9   IP: 81.147.99.180
Old 12-05-2017, 10:59 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD450A View Post
I must say since my scuffle with digbits on Facebook last year and having had my heavily discounted bucket as recompensed I'd buy from them again.

CBL are pissing me off Atm regarding a 300+ hire bill for a roller that was off hired and they repeatedly failed to collect.... Having spoken to the man on the hire desk in person TWICE and being told TWICE... LAST MONTH! that he'd sort it I get a "Final Demand" in the post at the start of last week..... It won't take much from them to get the account closed down and i'll swap over to a different firm for our hired stuff.... Morris Leslie are cheaper anyway and it's almost certainly new gear.

I don't get any problems at all with the little local firms we deal with, and quite often I get a better price too
Did you not get an off hire number. You have to give them 24 hrs as a reasonable time to collect but an off hire number should confirm when uve off hired it.
  #10   IP: 86.158.219.51
Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluxman View Post
Did you not get an off hire number. You have to give them 24 hrs as a reasonable time to collect but an off hire number should confirm when uve off hired it.
Nope, never had an issue before. We even turned round and said to them it was ok for them to leave it in our yard until a convenient time as there lorrys where busy.... Kin joke.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."