The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Forum Requests

#131   IP: 86.130.161.117
Old 22-01-2018, 09:03 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Christmas Present - vBulletin 5 inc Mobile interface

I am not really that bothered any more its a waste of breath

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #132   IP: 82.30.1.218
Old 22-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Grand Master Architect

a shame to reinvent the wheel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #133   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 26-01-2018, 08:30 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
I've offered 'assistance', gratis and tried a few times with Julian, if only to get the mundane bits like member activation, etc. sorted ...... never get a response and know he's read the PMs

TBH though guys .... insults are not going to help matters .... don't know WTF will .... sadly
There is something clearly wrong with settings on here,makes reading threads impossible,when I log in I get a message saying no new posts when there clearly are finding where you were in a thread is impossible as you can't find where you were last.

No new members since last March and one of the best posters is posting fairy regular on The Farming Forum,I can see why! I can't put pictures up so don't bother trying I've had a lot of good help over the years on here and the only answer is to hand this over to someone who's bothered.
  #134   IP: 101.163.27.18
Old 27-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Knight of the East

Mate , The forum has been going 8 or 9 years now, It has never been updated ..V Bulletin now no longer supports this version ,so it is like any machine ,without a bit of maintenance it won't work as it should or worst case will breakdown and stop completely.
I was part of the now defunct internal Admin ,and i doubt very much that Julian will hand over to someone else .
In memory of Tim i would like to see it revitalized,but Julian is the only one that can make it happen , and putting shit on him ain't going to help make that happen .
  #135   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 28-01-2018, 04:08 PM
Perfect Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianoz. View Post
Mate , The forum has been going 8 or 9 years now, It has never been updated ..V Bulletin now no longer supports this version ,so it is like any machine ,without a bit of maintenance it won't work as it should or worst case will breakdown and stop completely.
I was part of the now defunct internal Admin ,and i doubt very much that Julian will hand over to someone else .
In memory of Tim i would like to see it revitalized,but Julian is the only one that can make it happen , and putting shit on him ain't going to help make that happen .
So basically not posting and not visiting the site will mean no money from advertising so he'll give up and give in?

Has anyone actually rung him up and talked with him?
  #136   IP: 81.153.167.123
Old 28-01-2018, 04:26 PM
Knight of the East and West

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoffcruddle View Post
So basically not posting and not visiting the site will mean no money from advertising so he'll give up and give in?

Has anyone actually rung him up and talked with him?
Iím sure people have, and Iím sure loose promises have been made about upgrading the site, hence this thread......and here we are, nothing has changed.

From what I gather, Julian has been approached about selling the forum, or letting someone else run it.....and he is not interested, well, he hasnít in the past, and thatís probably not changed either....

There has been little input on the site for ages, with just a few threads getting attention, sometimes going for days without a post on the entire forum, and heís not given in yet, so that is unlikely.
  #137   IP: 82.30.1.218
Old 28-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Grand Master Architect

I offered a big amount of ££ for it but he has no interest. I also offered to help, much the same. I have messaged him a fair few times over the last two years and its as recent as the last few months.

I am told he had had a few personal issues.

Follow us on Twitter

Follow us on Facebook
  #138   IP: 86.138.20.50
Old 28-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Knight of the East

Best thing for the forum if it's not going to be updated, sorted or used is to put it out of it's misery I feel..... Sadly.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #139   IP: 92.26.214.156
Old 28-01-2018, 06:50 PM
Grand Master Architect

Mr.Druid is doing his best at flogging this dead horse back to life

I'm all for keeping it going but find it hard to understand why Tvhc won't upgrade or sell off his interest. Is there some politics involved. Handing over to the major contributors would be my preferred option.
  #140   IP: 86.139.38.184
Old 28-01-2018, 08:27 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
Mr.Druid is doing his best at flogging this dead horse back to life

I'm all for keeping it going but find it hard to understand why Tvhc won't upgrade or sell off his interest. Is there some politics involved. Handing over to the major contributors would be my preferred option.
LOL Minty

I for one would be very disappointed to see the demise of what was once a thriving forum, but I can understand why it's kept 'floating' ... just. TBH I think it would continue to do so with or without new posts.
I've mentioned before why I feel it's still 'running' and almost certainly generating an income of sorts for TVHC.

If I were him I'd be exploiting it too.

Getting our esteemed leader to develop any enthusiasm in doing anything to toward even minimal maintenance is always going to be an up-hiller, given the lack of need to, to suit his own purposes.

As said, I'd be well choked to find this gone one night ....
I've made lots of new and good friends here, received a tremendous level of help and assistance, on subjects beyond my knowledge ... then
Had some great banter, .... a lot of laughs and even experienced a level of sadness that I would not have previously believed possible, when we all lost Tim.

If for no other reason, we should keep it alive, in his memory, one of the founding members almost and probably it's most prolific contributor, with a wealth of knowledge, freely shared, that I'd guess most of us have drawn upon at some time and hopefully will continue to be available for others to benefit from too.

I understand everyone's niggles, but they're insignificant really, compared to not having this to gripe about ... eh???

I'll continue to try to persuade Julian to help us, or even let us help him, but sniping at him is not going to help anyone, other than a little spleen venting perhaps.

Anyone wanting pix up and just can't hack it ... send 'em to me and I'll stick 'em in for you, like I used to do for Ollie ... PM me for my email addy

Not posting / boycotting / whatever is not going to achieve anything, other than leaving the place even quieter than it already is.

The one MAJOR thing we desperately need is the 'fresh blood' issues resolving ... and there's currently only one guy who can sort that one ... I'm working on him though