The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#6521   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 09-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
What style are them z1s. Last normal bike I had on the road was a sr z650.
Just got the bsa now
Not a Z1 Dylan (998cc) ..... Z1000st (1015cc) ..... shafty .... mile muncher

Got a green one I've had since it was 3 months old and a red one ....can't recall the colours of the three in bits .... IIRC one is black/grey

me green one is another I'll never part with .... been all over Europe on her, including a very looooong day - personal best - 986 miles in a day ... did a few tankfuls that day !!!

Had an Z750 ltd (SR was the custom Yammy IIRC) which was a nice bike too ... physically slightly larger than the 650 .. took the 'apes' off it and stuck a pair of 'ace' bars on it, inverted ... one real comfy riding position - did just under 4000 miles on that round France, one summer hol.s, mid '80s .... sold it to a mate, when I got back, who funnily enough, lives about a mile down our lane from us ..... he wrote it off the next day - T bone-ing an Ovlov which pulled out in front of him .... and broke his leg !!!!

1983 .... stuck half the fairing on her for the holiday ..... extra storage and 'wind wall' !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg col de l'iseran june '83.jpg (94.1 KB, 110 views)

Last edited by V8Druid; 09-05-2018 at 08:37 PM.
  #6522   IP: 78.146.187.197
Old 09-05-2018, 08:57 PM
Grand Master Architect

Right, yeah I've seen your picture before. I like the earlier z,s
  #6523   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 09-05-2018, 09:24 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerjones View Post
Right, yeah I've seen your picture before. I like the earlier z,s
You mean the Z1s with the 'duck tail'

want deep pockets to own one of them these days

a decent shafty is fetching £4-5K --- I regret selling my G80S, 'jampot' Matchless 500

What's your Beazer ???
  #6524   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 09-05-2018, 10:47 PM

the 3 ft Akerman came out to play today

those Bofors teeth did a fine job on ripping up the rock bed and finished off with me favorite Geith edge-er

for trimming down a few ridges and loading 6t of it into the Thwaites for starters ... had a job for some fill in the gully where the rocks were stacked.

the spoil pile grew a bit more too .....

and got the bank reasonably shaped up .....
  #6525   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 09-05-2018, 11:01 PM

first south westerly we've had in a week .... needed to get some rubbish burnt.

Interesting bed of rock under the mud stone layer ..... like slabs with joints, from what I see so far ????

Batter is going to need a bit more 'light attention' once I've got the bulk of it out and been resisting putting the VA-r on all afternoon, due to the rock that needs to be ripped out at the lowest point -- bloody hard!!
looks alright (I think) .... for a 3 ft bucket in a concave curve - first pass anyway !!
Little bit of finesse-ing required here and there

AND .... that oak has gotta have it soon especially whilst the deck is relatively clear
  #6526   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 11-05-2018, 12:11 AM

couple more pix ...... from the top of the spoil heap this evening .... bit dark for pix really

getting a bit crowded down there

#6527   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 AM

been shifting more stuff down from the upper level this afternoon ...

me saw bench - 3ph so not been used in a while ..... generator required - urgently

2t gantry hoist for the ridge of me shed

and its block
  #6528   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 11-05-2018, 12:14 AM

poor old girl is not wearing well, under a tarpaulin

if he's not under me feet ---- he's under the wheels ---- or on the lower carriage - -- - somewhere

I prefer him either under me feet or on my lap ... least I can see him then
  #6529   IP: 86.128.106.169
Old 11-05-2018, 12:17 AM

a part of the cause of an afternoon start to the 'stuff shifting' .....

All massacred again for a few days .... sposed to rain here again tomorrow afternoon, so it'll need doing again Monday ..... gonna be wet Sunday too apparently
I've decided that a VERY regular cut regime is the way to an easier life on the grass front ... as long as it's dry enough to get on it.
The lawns look equally 'short'

Trying to summon up the enthusiasm to do the bank on the left of the drive .... cutting it's the easy part .... it's the collecting it up's the killer
  #6530   IP: 109.152.20.19
Old 11-05-2018, 05:28 AM
Knight of the East and West

Gra, has that Dane mower not got a mulching deck? Something with a mulching deck is the real way forward! And don’t pick the grass up at all!
But you do have to cut regularly, within reason.