The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#1   IP: 92.26.109.22
Old 17-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Master Elect of Nine

Default partner k650

Having a walk round a local carboot today spot a guy then setting up his stall had a couple of petrol saws on it (local company marked up van i seen about a fair bit so no fair of being hot) ended up doing a deal on a running partner k650 for £40. Am going to pick up the service kit from ebay and give it a clean up but wondering where you guys get your water bottles and blades from looking for a diamond multi material blade (have seen them that will cut metal as well) normal bonded metal blades and a water bottle. Any brands that you recommend or best places that give good deals am over in the druids favourite area by the way of Norwich. Thanks in advance lads tiny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #2   IP: 109.152.20.98
Old 17-06-2018, 09:36 PM
Knight of the East and West

Default Re: partner k650

I get all my diamond gear from ADP Diamex. 01208 261782 ask for John, tell I’m James Elderton gave you his number, he should see you right.
Always straight and good to deal with, and I like their blades, I get good life out of them tbh, maybe not the cheapest, but they are decent quality in my experience. They do bottles as well. And service kits ect ect

Obviously plenty of other brands available.....used to use Spectrum, they were ok, used to do a continuous rim blade that was nice for some intricate work.

As with everything, I think you get what you pay for in blades.

I run Sthil saws now, but my first cutter was a Partner K650, still going, and has gone through a hell of a lot of work, a good saw in my opinion, even though many will say the Sthil is the Rolls Royce , in certain applications I prefer the handle placement on the Partner, so sometimes it’s still the weapon of choice.

PS, you had a bargain....
  #3   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 17-06-2018, 10:50 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shovelhands View Post
I get all my diamond gear from ADP Diamex. 01208 261782 ask for John, tell Iím James Elderton gave you his number, he should see you right.
Always straight and good to deal with, and I like their blades, I get good life out of them tbh, maybe not the cheapest, but they are decent quality in my experience. They do bottles as well. And service kits ect ect

Obviously plenty of other brands available.....used to use Spectrum, they were ok, used to do a continuous rim blade that was nice for some intricate work.

As with everything, I think you get what you pay for in blades.

I run Sthil saws now, but my first cutter was a Partner K650, still going, and has gone through a hell of a lot of work, a good saw in my opinion, even though many will say the Sthil is the Rolls Royce , in certain applications I prefer the handle placement on the Partner, so sometimes itís still the weapon of choice.

PS, you had a bargain....
that's nice to hear
  #4   IP: 90.255.22.46
Old 18-06-2018, 07:19 AM
Intendant of the Building

I've bought both expensive and cheap blades for my saw over the years, the expensive ones (around £120) do last much longer than the cheaper ones (around £30) but probably not when you think about how many of them you can buy for £120! If that makes sense?
The key is to have the right blade for what you are cutting because even an expensive concrete blade will wear out cutting tarmac just as fast as a cheap one.
So I guess my advise is to use cheap blades but have the right one for what you cut

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #5   IP: 188.31.126.193
Old 18-06-2018, 07:36 AM
Grand Master Architect

I agree with Ollie. I use £20 Toolstation blades for my TS410, and have no complaints. I also have abrasive blades for rough steel cutting, and a carbide 'ripper' type blade that is awesome for grinding out small stumps or rotten posts, cutting roots in flinty ground etc.

Never buy diamond blades (or any tool for that matter) from builders merchants. The mark up is obscene.
  #6   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 18-06-2018, 08:10 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by doobin View Post
I agree with Ollie. I use £20 Toolstation blades for my TS410, and have no complaints. I also have abrasive blades for rough steel cutting, and a carbide 'ripper' type blade that is awesome for grinding out small stumps or rotten posts, cutting roots in flinty ground etc.

Never buy diamond blades (or any tool for that matter) from builders merchants. The mark up is obscene.
ain't that a fact .... so many sources out there these days, you got to be mad to buy from them ...... unless it's a total bargain
  #7   IP: 90.255.22.46
Old 18-06-2018, 08:14 PM
Intendant of the Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
ain't that a fact .... so many sources out there these days, you got to be mad to buy from them ...... unless it's a total bargain
My £30 blade is a Jewsons special. I don't want to think what the poor man in Africa is getting paid to find the diamonds for it.
The key with these merchants is to constantly bug them about being expensive and how someone else is doing it cheaper (even if they arent). I'm always getting more discount off stuff and the old saying that a penny saved is a penny earnt cant be truer in this game.

#8   IP: 86.144.226.86
Old 18-06-2018, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OllieGunns View Post
My £30 blade is a Jewsons special. I don't want to think what the poor man in Africa is getting paid to find the diamonds for it.
The key with these merchants is to constantly bug them about being expensive and how someone else is doing it cheaper (even if they arent). I'm always getting more discount off stuff and the old saying that a penny saved is a penny earnt cant be truer in this game.
very true .... have had an a/c with several of ours round here for 40+ years .. rang one of 'em for a price on some slate chips for Pam a while back ... as Joe Blogs.
went in to pick up a bulk bag and it was booked out at a tenner more than quoted on the phone as JB.

let's say we had a bit of a discussion about loyalty and pricing structures in the upstairs office .. I am unlikely to use them again -- they'm Known as ROBBER(t) Prices

Last edited by V8Druid; 18-06-2018 at 09:42 PM. Reason: typo
  #9   IP: 5.67.191.89
Old 18-06-2018, 09:12 PM
Sublime Master Elected

had an account with jewson for 30 yrs they will sell stuff to jo blogs who walks in off the street same price and you gotta check every invoice from the robin bastards .they seem to try and rip you off and hope you dont notice was told by them it costs £4-5 to alter an invoice or do a credit so why they do it i cant understand
  #10   IP: 109.152.19.162
Old 18-06-2018, 09:28 PM
Knight of the East and West

We fell out with Jewson about 15 years ago, they were our main supplier of building materials. A few sour deals and we just got pissed off with them.

Phoned one of our current suppliers, who we have a very active account with, for some paving kerb blocks a few weeeks ago, £1.99 a block was the best they could do, cutting their arm off and helping us out with the price apparently....phone another supplier, who we use, but donít have an account with, phoned as a nobody....£1.25 a block......

You canít trust any of them!