The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > General Business Issues

#1   IP: 86.136.4.236
Old 13-09-2017, 11:18 PM
Provost and Judge

Default To sick to work.

Anyone had experience of people having a relatively minor injury but being signed off by the doctor for months? Do people tell the doctor I don't want to work and they just sign them off or how does it work?
  #2   IP: 31.52.88.188
Old 13-09-2017, 11:25 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: To sick to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattromike View Post
Anyone had experience of people having a relatively minor injury but being signed off by the doctor for months? Do people tell the doctor I don't want to work and they just sign them off or how does it work?
he's obviously swinging the lead when he's at the quacks .... what sort of injury and is that exactly why he's signed off?
could be telling them a different story ..... " oh and I have this terrible pain in my back too doc "
  #3   IP: 86.147.106.230
Old 14-09-2017, 10:05 PM
Provost and Judge

I don't want to say too much, or come across as overly callous but what are the options a company has when there is potentially a needlessly long absentee from the workplace that would potentially make a better recovery from a minor injury if they did a few hours work light work a day for a few weeks to ease back into it.
  #4   IP: 31.52.88.188
Old 14-09-2017, 10:13 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

PM-ed yer Boyo