The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Introductions

#71   IP: 95.147.114.188
Old 30-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Default Re: New member

we expose them or rip them out, replace them and wrap them in expansion material and cast them in with a flexi coupling each side
  #72   IP: 86.165.175.33
Old 31-01-2014, 12:05 AM
Elect of Fifteen

Locally we would be required to replace the pipe from the neighboring property in cast pipe under the extension . (Assuming it is sewer ) and then put a new man hole where it exits from under the extension.
Great thread !
Best of luck Ed
I know the lure of the levers is strong but don't turn your back on the building work . Keep as many feathers in that cap as you can .

Vin
  #73   IP: 109.158.180.253
Old 31-01-2014, 06:11 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

i think you will find the weigh bridge has to be the nearest from the point you start your journey

life is hard , but its harder if you're stupid
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
  #74   IP: 109.148.117.246
Old 31-01-2014, 12:16 PM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Local Diggers View Post
ps when you dig down to clay pipes it pays to leave them bedded on the clay where poss, rather than spend time digging them out, youll only end up shuttering round the pipe anyway so they may as well sit on something solid, not unusual for a pipe to crack if you remove its 50 year support. you wont have a problem with building control.
you can say that again! clay pipes are a pain!

Normally if we have pipes through footings we expose them and the box them in with celotex or an equivalent, Just to give a bit of movement instead of being cases fully in concrete.. But on this job because there wasn't much room for concrete below one of the 2 pipes the building inspector said to shutter them off, concrete up to them, and then pea gravel and lintel over them.

ill get a few pics of it again today, blockwork and concrete over site is in now.
  #75   IP: 176.250.204.4
Old 31-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Knight of the East

round this way we would usually shutter either side of the pipe and then lintel across. save on concrete and quick and simple

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#76   IP: 90.221.81.129
Old 01-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

Around us now if there is pipes running through the slab you have to notifiy seven trent water and they make the call if you need to replace them completely or if you can build over them but if they are in the footing building control would make you replace the clay with plastic and two rockers to allow movement on the pipe!!

ED1993, best of luck mate but like vin say's don't forget your root's mate??? imho if you want to just operate machine's i think you need to be looking at cross hire work or long term contract work if its just the seat you want as i don't think you'll find enough work to keep you in the seat on you own these day's on spot hire??

Good luck

shaun
  #77   IP: 109.148.117.246
Old 02-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Sublime Master Elected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gratman View Post
Around us now if there is pipes running through the slab you have to notifiy seven trent water and they make the call if you need to replace them completely or if you can build over them but if they are in the footing building control would make you replace the clay with plastic and two rockers to allow movement on the pipe!!

ED1993, best of luck mate but like vin say's don't forget your root's mate??? imho if you want to just operate machine's i think you need to be looking at cross hire work or long term contract work if its just the seat you want as i don't think you'll find enough work to keep you in the seat on you own these day's on spot hire??

Good luck

shaun
thanks gratman, I have thought about hiring machines as and when I need to.. Which I will do untill i know have the work but once/if I have the work I would much rather have my own machine.. I know it won't have been abused, It will have been looked after etc. and I can then work up to owning bigger machines if I am successful! fingers crossed