Grand Master Architect

Default Re: A plea for help from men with diggers

Well done Gra sorted it again.

All I can see there is some nice firewood in those hedges
  #22   IP: 86.4.55.157
Old 05-08-2012, 11:49 AM

We have had plenty of bonfires to get rid of what we have cut down

To quote Martin Luther King "I Have a Dream" .....one day, hopefully very soon this will be a football pitch for our mini-soccer teams and Tiny Tacklers football development squad ......... just got to keep pursuing the dream at the moment :/
  #23   IP: 86.149.196.39
Old 05-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Grand Master Architect

I used to help run a youth football team and I understand how funding is not easy to come by. However, plant doesn't come cheap either. I can only echo what has already been said, contact earthmoving companies and plant hire firms in your area and let them know the score (no pun intended) You never know, there might be a football fan running some machines and will be more than willing to help.
Good luck with your search and let us know how you get on.
  #24   IP: 195.93.21.74
Old 06-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

I am going To Eaton Socon sometime this week I'll maybe take a look and see what can be done.
  #25   IP: 86.4.55.157
Old 06-08-2012, 09:59 AM

It would be great if you could, the more advice we can get the better. No worries if you can't as fully appreciate that it is a long way. If you can make it, let us know and one of us could meet you there and run through our plans just give you an idea of what we want to do
  #26   IP: 81.153.32.124
Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
Provost and Judge

Have you thought about Lottery Funding for the project ? I know your in a hurry, but it might be well worth the wait ?

The reason I ask is how are you going to train on this pitch as you state in oct / nov etc when it's dark ?

This might be why waiting for funding if available would be worthwhile as floodlighting etc could be included in any scheme.
  #27   IP: 86.4.55.157
Old 11-08-2012, 10:02 AM

We are in the process of applying for grants from the FA, Football Foundation and looking at other funding options but these take a long time to be processed, the Lottery grant although worth considering, we have been advised that they put football further down their list of priorities for giving funding so are trying other avenues first. We already have a sponsor who is willing to supply all the electrical fittings including flood lights and also another sponsor who is willing to fit it all (an electrician) so we have the lighting covered. We have 2 landscapers involved for tree-felling and turfing plus all the volunteers who are giving up their time to do the hard labour - the only thing we are still lacking is a 360 machine. We have a fundraiser organised to help increase our bank balance so we can afford bits and pieces to complete this project, and have also had the local newspaper run an article about our project in a bid to raise the community awareness about us and our plight. We are doing everything we can to be self sufficient but just need a little bit of help with a machine.
  #28   IP: 195.93.21.74
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

I was in Essex on friday in two different locations, the second I had to load a machine that had to be brought out of a remote location and loaded in Shalford village,took longer than i thought and i did not get to cambridgeshire, however, i will and I will visit your site and then put some ideas to you.

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 12-08-2012 at 05:56 AM.
  #29   IP: 86.4.55.157
Old 11-08-2012, 10:41 PM

Thank you, I understand that people are busy, and paid work comes above and beyond charity/discount paid/voluntary/etc jobs and any time or advice is very much appreciated. If you private message me when you think you will be able to make it, I can then give you contact details so I or one of the other committee members (most likely me tho) can arrange to meet you there and run through it with you. Thanks again
  #30   IP: 109.150.44.130
Old 11-08-2012, 11:02 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Trax,you could drop the 951 on the job for a day or two....its a pity I live so far away as I would have maned the controles for free