Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EXTRAS > Introductions

Closed Thread

#21   IP: 92.40.88.113
Old 30-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Default Re: Construction Time-lapse services Upper Cut Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
theirs no need to apologise,you didn't do anything wrong,you went to 'introductions' and did just that with a bit of a video,and a very impressive one at that,of what you do.Please do not be put off by some regular characters who like to give it the big I am from time to time.this sort of work you do is starting to get more and more the norm as big companys are able to show off what they are able to do,to future clients.their are lots of memmbers on here who im sure would enjoying seeing the time lapse video you put together up.i would say that I am one of the fortunate ones on here who is able to be on jobs like the one you put up,cos of the sort of work that I do,and it is very interesting.so if you haven't been scared off Uppercut,it would be nice to see it again.

Ollie
I agree Oll but it's just sell ..... this is a forum and it's nice to contribute something to it if you expect to get something out of it.
The main concern is business using it as free advertising. I don't think it is right or fair on Julian.
  #22   IP: 92.40.88.113
Old 30-07-2013, 06:11 PM

FORUM noun (plural forums)
1a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:
we hope these pages act as a forum for debate
an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.
2chiefly North American a court or tribunal.
3 (plural fora /ˈfɔːrə/) (in an ancient Roman city) a public square or marketplace used for judicial and other business.

Not a Market Place .... for selling of goods and wares ....

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 30-07-2013 at 06:13 PM.
  #23   IP: 86.132.211.157
Old 30-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxcavator. View Post
I agree Oll but it's just sell ..... this is a forum and it's nice to contribute something to it if you expect to get something out of it.
The main concern is business using it as free advertising. I don't think it is right or fair on Julian.
yes,i carnt agree with you more tim,but.....the lad never got chance to do that, I know myself I would of had half a dozen or more questions to ask him about how it all works and is set up,and that's before asking him about the jobs that were featured in the clip.dan told him he should re edit his opening introductions,which he did,and apologised for.i think we all know the difference between a someone who is just here for the take and someone who maybe hasn't been on a forum before.some of us could of maybe got some good use out of someone like him,you never know he could of lived near one of us and been able to put something on the forum for us all to see of one of us working?? I know you have done plenty of favours for people in the past to help them out,we're all here to help each other out and that should be reflected on others who want to join up.you and some of the others keep banging on about it not been fair on Julian,well I don't think its fair on him either when you all give someone a verbal kicking,you would be thougth more of if you pointed them in the right direction, or, just reported them to him.do you think anyone would want to deal with him after been spoken to like that off one of his members????.. I think not
  #24   IP: 86.132.211.157
Old 30-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
FORUM noun (plural forums)
1a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged:
we hope these pages act as a forum for debate
an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.
if given chance too,before little ******s abuse and scare them away
  #25   IP: 86.145.3.235
Old 30-07-2013, 06:26 PM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by komatsu View Post
well sean,its certainly better than whatching you scrat around on a drott like an old hen,when was the last time you or your merry bunch put something a bit different up??? you might not be impressed with it,but their will be plenty of people on here that will be.so be a good girl and don't ruin it for everyone else
Ha ha......your a funny guy.
  #26   IP: 92.40.88.113
Old 30-07-2013, 06:34 PM

Default Re: FOR SALE: Hydraulic Pipe Pusher Digger Attachment

Paul, Plant Trader is available on line and that costs the sellers ....
Pipe pusher. i don't think FORUM means free advertising .....
No intro, no interest in the forum and i dare say you'll be in the belief that you are doing someone a favour by posting your invaluable piece of equipment that you can no longer make a living with.

Olly this was my first post on the pipe jacker thread...... I don't actually think i was harsh on this poor character ...... i feel abused at the flack i got, then again the blame for kicking this guy ....... not sure blame is fairly proportioned

Last edited by Traxcavator.; 03-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
  #27   IP: 86.132.211.157
Old 30-07-2013, 08:08 PM
Knight of the East

Quote:
Default Re: FOR SALE: Hydraulic Pipe Pusher Digger Attachment

Paul, Plant Trader is available on line and that costs the sellers ....
Pipe pusher. i don't think FORUM means free advertising .....
No intro, no interest in the forum and i dare say you'll be in the belief that you are doing someone a favour by posting your invaluable piece of equipment that you can no longer make a living with.

Olly this was my first post on the pipe jack off thread...... I don't actually think i was harsh on this poor character ...... i feel abused at the flack i got, then again the blame for kicking this guy ....... not sure blame is fairly proportioned
we maybe see it as that tim,but,we know which way it was going to and how you felt,as someone new posting something up that might be of interest to maybe one of us??i can see why it all went tits up from then on,im sure you would react the same if the shoe was on the other foot.but what about your first post on this thread??? the lad only had about an hour before you were into him,so I don't think that's fair to be honest.
as for the blame been fairly proportioned,the others know who they are and its directed at them as much as at you,its just that you seem to be the only with the balls and actually stand up and figth your corner so to speak
  #28   IP: 82.26.176.151
Old 30-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Grand Master Architect

I do believe the forum is a little over protected myself.

There are lots of people and company's that register for the forum to promote what they do or trying to sell something. There are three category's (I think)

Promotion such as the initial post in this thread, yes they have not contributed to the forum in any other way, but the post was construction related and I found the video very interesting having not worked on a site before.

Who knows what questions may have got asked, leading onto forum contribution by the company in question. Sadly he was not given the chance and in my opinion by several members was talked to rather rudely. Without trying to rub anybody up the wrong way. I saw nothing wrong with it as a first post. If after this first post tomorrow he posted another thread about the company and what they do then they must be bought in line by moderators rather than general members, otherwise who makes the rules? (sorry if any of you are moderators)

People such as the person trying to sell the pipe joiner. Again was blown out of proportion with insults and abuse from all parties. As the owner said there is nothing really wrong with trying to sell something that could be useful for somebody. Adverts and forum usage bring hits on Google, which in turn could bring new members. Again if it was post after post of advertising then they should be talked to.

Not every person who registers is going to be a regular contributor.

There is the last type of advertising. Which is pure company advertising without any intro nor intent to hang around. We all know they should be reported.

This is my opinion and should not be taken the wrong way by anybody, I just believe people need to be given a chance.

A few ways to tackle it. New members must post in intros to have the privilege to post elsewhere?

Advertising costs money?

Forum recognized traders who pay a yearly fee and have a small sub section to promote their business and post about it. This is often seen on other forums I visit.

Ross

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Twitter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow us on Facebook

Last edited by Regy53; 30-07-2013 at 08:43 PM.
  #29   IP: 86.165.214.244
Old 30-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Think I'm going to stick to commenting on prehistoric excavators in future. It's safer.
  #30   IP: 195.93.21.41
Old 30-07-2013, 10:03 PM

Seens to me there are rules for some and difeerent rules for others. I really have had enough. GET ON AND ENJOY,
Closed Thread

Tags
aerial, construction, photography, time-lapse