The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#21   IP: 95.145.126.159
Old 18-07-2018, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Jcb fastrac

Totally agree with the comments on diesel usage, my customer had a 3185 Fastrac running on a low loader for a few years on red.Once he got caught and had to go onto clear it absolutely drank money. The whole operation came to an end not long thereafter due to lack of profitability. Tractors are made for shifting things economically off road, lorries for shifting things economically on road. I'd have thought you'd could have bought a really decent lorry for that budget.
  #22   IP: 185.31.155.195
Old 31-07-2018, 08:26 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

On a slightly different note I was driving down the A35 this morning and passed two ADTs going the other way. First time Iíve seen one on the road under its own steam. Makes sense roading them as they are are made to do high milage, but never seen it before.
Didnít appear to have number plates, but were happily going along in the traffic and at a far higher speed than the 3CX I passed further down.
Graham
  #23   IP: 109.151.50.214
Old 31-07-2018, 11:16 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
On a slightly different note I was driving down the A35 this morning and passed two ADTs going the other way. First time Iíve seen one on the road under its own steam. Makes sense roading them as they are are made to do high milage, but never seen it before.
Didnít appear to have number plates, but were happily going along in the traffic and at a far higher speed than the 3CX I passed further down.
Graham
Local guy I know used to run a fleet of 14, BM Ovlovs .... and regularly roaded 'em down to my workshop for repairs .. new wings ... new tailgates ... all sorts.
Can't recall if he taxed and registered 'em all, or just had a few plates which just got juggled ..... tax back then was only £13/year
I've driven a few on the black top, to and from his farm where he ran 'em out of ..... they went fairly well and most folks got out the way when they saw you coming
  #24   IP: 86.184.78.80
Old 01-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Prince of Jerusalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahams View Post
Graham
Do about 40MPH flat out, got to be careful over speeding them as the turnips have a habit of overheating the handbrake disks on site, which then crack and explode at high speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"IT'S ALL DOWN TO YOUR OWN SITUATION."
  #25   IP: 185.16.224.33
Old 10-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Intimate Secretary

I ran a fastcrap for a few years,no way I'd ever bother again,regarding under £20k I'd buy the tidiest hookloader you could find,tractors under £20k are a waste of time.

With regards to O license a mate of mine parks two hgv soldiers here and simply moved his O license here,was very simple,I thought neighbours would complain but it was done in a flash.