The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > INDUSTRY MATTERS > Industry Chat

#11   IP: 81.147.100.200
Old 01-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Default Re: pot holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Druid View Post
I thought so too ???

No idea guys

I think Ross is great for sorting a new site out but there's plenty of us in the dark about it. I'd of liked to have thought any new site would get a bit more input from members....who I'd expect would become site supporters too.

Yes I know it's hard to advertise such fact on another forum....but it's not like we are monitored on here.

Maybe I'm just been impacient and there will be more going off in the background we dont know about...i suppose it's ready when it's ready. Nice1 Ross

Last edited by hiluxman; 02-04-2018 at 11:04 AM.
  #12   IP: 151.225.143.149
Old 01-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Sublime Master Elected

i thought it must be up and running coz no one on here for days
  #13   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 01-04-2018, 11:54 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by topkit View Post
It makes you wonder how much of that 100 million will get spent on pot hole we are talking about Councils ( public Sector ) spending our money, Where i live my there is a small Council satellite yard not too far away where the repair gangs work out of. They go off in the mornings with there tarmac and rollers etc, you can bet your bottom dollar that in the afternoon they have finished by about 3pm so they park up in a local layby waiting for their 16.30 finish, multiply that by 5 or 6 gangs and that is quite a few more extra pot holes that could have been repaired in a week. I was listening to a lady on the radio who runs her own business and sells into various busnesses she has to deal with tough accounts managers and finance managers who give here a tough time and nail her on price, She said that she has now got her foot in the door of the Public Sector Councils and how different it is she gives them a price and it's signed off no haggling half the time time the staff arn't even in, Its amazing how easy it is for councils to spend our money usually on things of little use to us and definately not repairing pot holes! There was also a piece on the Jeremy Vine show last week about pot holes causing accidents including a cyclist that was knocked of his bike and killed after hitting or swerving around a pot hole. I am really careful now if there is a puddle i go around it as 9 out of 10 times it's a pot hole round this neck of the woods.
my previous post #5
"They had a contracted law firm dealing with all claims for pothole damages and even with several FOI requests for work records etc., it was obvious they were 'manipulating' the paperwork with copy / paste jobs on their records. Eventually ended up with supposedly 'bona fide' documentation showing the hole had been repaired the week before Vicki hit it ..... and I photographed it."

If they'd spent the money filling the ****ing potholes, instead of paying for solicitors to claim that they didn't exist, no one'd have any potholes to hit ... or try to recoup damage costs against ..... regrettably a large proportion of those funds will NEVER find their way into potholes ... just lining pockets

PS
a few weeks after Vicki's pothole incident ... Richard Hammond - ex-top gear, came off his bike on the same road, after hitting a pothole ... went very quiet, very quickly after the first report of the incident
  #14   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 02-04-2018, 12:26 AM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1602 View Post
i thought it must be up and running coz no one on here for days
goes like that sometimes though Mart least it has of late
  #15   IP: 78.145.240.113
Old 02-04-2018, 08:15 PM
Master of the Ninth Arch

I just presumed we were all stuck in a traffic jam on the m5 with nothing much to post about
  #16   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 02-04-2018, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsauce View Post
I just presumed we were all stuck in a traffic jam on the m5 with nothing much to post about
With the queue caused by a huge pothole 'praps Minty Gonna be treating some of 'em as roundabouts round here shortly
  #17   IP: 87.114.157.62
Old 02-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Elect of Fifteen

Rumoured that they use the material excavated from potholes to make speed bumps.

Sorry, should have posted that yesterday.
  #18   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 03-04-2018, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelman093 View Post
Rumoured that they use the material excavated from potholes to make speed bumps.

Sorry, should have posted that yesterday.
that would not surprise me in the slightest Angus ...... if it isn't the potholes slowing you down it's the ****ing speed humps ..... remind me again why we pay VED
  #19   IP: 31.52.88.253
Old 03-04-2018, 10:16 AM

I really hope people can see this video ...... it's an awesome idea for potholes ....

https://www.facebook.com/JungleVT/vi...0798901395271/

I'll see if I can find it on youtube too

https://youtu.be/yuJ3NDq4AlA not quite as slick as the FB version but you get the idea
  #20   IP: 94.195.17.197
Old 03-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Perfect Master

There was a programme on one of the satelite channels that showed this new pot hole repairing machine, i think it was in Germany, it was basically an 8 wheeler rigid ( a bit like one of the mixamate lorries) with a scanner it stops over the pot hole then measures it. then the machine cut the pothole out in a square section the next thing it measured out the exact amount of material required then it put a patch tarmac in place job done very clever.