The British Construction Equipment Forum  

Go Back   The British Construction Equipment Forum > EQUIPMENT > Construction Equipment

#7501   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 08:50 PM
Knight of the Rose Croix of H.R.D.M

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun
Default Re: Druid’s New Duck – ’99 Hydrema-Wiemar M1500

" those who've not seen these apart before can see the wood for the trees ... I'll chuck 'em on the blade, 'fore they go back together and take a few pix "

and here they are ....

can pick off the floor with them ..

drop the balde lower and can drop them off or pick them up
  #7502   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 08:54 PM

Location: Druid central, just East of Pandy, Nr. Abergavenny, S. Wales, UK, 3rd rock from the Sun

getting the adapter back on is easy enough, but much easier with the VA-r on

Main forks got the rotary wire brush treatment on the 5" Makita ...

and some teflon spray applied
  #7503   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 09:00 PM

this stuff is bloody brilliant at making 'em slide about ...

and parked 'em up for now ..........

......... to whip this off the Akerman 3 ft rock bucket, for some attention from the wire brush ... made several years ago for the two B20 buckeets I have ... works a treat, but should've painted it back then .. had intended to make some additional mod.s .. hence no paint, but never got around to it ... could be time ... first though, secure the bosses, which were only ever tacked in place ... then see if I can recall what i'd planned to do in the way of additional work to it

has taken some time to get it back to this ... I look like a cross between a black and white minstrel and a porcupine .. that 5" brush loves shedding its stainless steel bristles and had some sort of rust off this today !!!!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 26-05-2020 at 09:04 PM.
  #7504   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 26-05-2020, 11:52 PM

this'll make you laugh ... just had a bollocking ...... for leaving bits of bristle in the shower tray ... must've been more stuck in me than I realised ... thought I'd got 'em all .... and I'd 'sluiced' the tray out when I got out too

the crimped bristle ones are right lil' bar stewards ... have to stop every ten minutes to pluck yerself ... not a fan of the twisted ones ... too 'fine' ... the crimped ones cover some ground

just had a chinook over here half an hour ago .... so bloody low he blew the sun loungers about on the patio ..... thought the bugger was coming in for a landing!!! heard him coming and thought jeeeeezus he's low .... and he was !! ....

we used to get the Herc.s using us as a landmark, regularly ... would come over so low the slates'd rattle on the roof .... they'm a BIG lump at 50 ft and'd just clear the oak trees above us ... loons!!!

Last edited by V8Druid; 27-05-2020 at 12:01 AM.
  #7505   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:22 PM

ten years ago on the 28th I took possession of the keys to Chez Druid ... do not know WTF the time has gone

's changed a bit
  #7506   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:27 PM

when I bought it, we didn't tell ANYONE .. had to wait 8 weeks for the sellers to get the **** out / find somewhere to go to (in retrospect - should've told 'em to go rent) ... my solicitor had it sorted in 6 days .. was a long 8 weeks, on tenterhooks, waiting for summat to go pear shaped ... whilst they gt it sorted

didn't tell Pam's kids even .... they were summoned home for the weekend ... bundled 'em all into the Disco and said we were off out for a meal as we had summat to tell 'em ...

Had to make a detour 'en route' , for a minute to see someone ..... we'd already installed our patio furniture here in the day time and some other stuff, plus 'a meal' ...... they were stunned when I pulled up outside here and Josh noticed a set of furniture that was exactly like ours
..... and the rest is history
  #7507   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:34 PM

well the B20 adapter got shined up Friday ......

and ready for some action

hauled the 3ft / 0.8 M3 B20 out of hiding ......
started giving it a coat and weighed it again to check the figure I had on it, as it looked high

came in at 550kgs
adapter got slung and reweighed, whilst I had the dyno. out -- 100kgs ... thought it felt heavy, wrestling it about on the bench

then dropped into spot for some use
  #7508   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:37 PM

my version of the wedge lock to keep it put ...

simple and works a treat ... has never let go and it had some grief boulder digging and rock ripping ... 's a great bucket for doing damage to hard stuff

picked it over to the edge of me patch to clean the insides out ... that'll get some more planings to bring the levels up eventually .. when I can get some, so'll get covered up ...

originally off a 20t Akerman duck .. it's no heavier (well plus 50kgs) than the 'Drema's own 4 footer/0.85 cube toothed bucket and's a hell of a weapon ..
a real ebay bargain ..... had this and a 6 footer, again B20, for 70 quid each
.. Uncle Rob @Hydremaduck picked 'em up for me in Sheffield, when he was up there ..
and even sorted a transit ride home for them, with a couple of guys who live not far from me, for suitable remuneration/beer money and a 'thank you' for Rob too

don't see B20s often, but they'm for peanuts when you do - usually - and a very low build height for a hitch .. no different to fixed cheeks

Got a 2 ft I'm considering B20-ing as it'd be less effort than re-cheeking it - possibly - need a measure up?

anyway ... it too got a coat of not so shiny tish ....... those four Bofors teeth cost me more than the bucket, after I'd eventually tracked some down, with Tim's help on the CEF
  #7509   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:41 PM

and got parked up with the rest of the stuff, 'getting the treatment' .....

then 'twas on to the next .....

this is the 'Drema's own 4 ft/0.85 cube toother, which I had with her ....

looks a lot better all one colour .... been hiding in the shade of me boxes all afternoon ... has been some bit hot here today

pins out and cleaned - bosses too ....

#7510   IP: 212.88.42.35
Old 31-05-2020, 11:46 PM

and put aside ..

7 footer on the cards tomorrow .... got a pin stuck in that one, so may take a bit of shifting ....
might have to weld a drift to the end of the pin ... can't see Pam holding a drift for me while I give it seven bells with a LARGE sledge ......
's keeping me out of mischief and tidying everything up, quietly ... in between grass massacring and odd requests from the 'management'

one to make you smile ... shopping arrived yesterday ... and a treat for us in the way of a bit of time with Clara ... appropriately social distanced !!
she wanted to have a play with her little 'rock hammer', on me patch ...

.... and whilst there spotted one of me towers on a pallet .. "what's that Grand dad? "
"A tower scaffold babe " ... blank look ... "like a climbing frame for me " ... eyes lit up and ... "show me grand dad, show me" so we ended up with these